Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Real Housewives of New York Season 10 Episode 8 Recap: A Frittered Friendship

Carole Radziwill and Bethenny Frankel have been at odds for the entirety of The Real Housewives of New York Season 10


Things took a turn for the worse on The Real Housewives of New York Season 10 Episode 8 when the ladies took a trip to the Berkshires, and, well, the drama kicked into high gear. 


In true Dorinda Medley fashion, she arranged a 1920a themed murder mystery that brought everyone together, and it did not take long for Carole and Bethenny to go to war. 



When the game came to a close, Dorinda asked Carole and Bethenny if there was tension between them. 


“I don’t feel tense; I really don’t feel tense. Our vibe is different; there’s a shift. And in a group, everyone feels the shift,” Frankel said, before turning to Radziwill and saying, “I don’t have a problem with you.”


“I heard that you were either upset with me about something to do with Adam not going and working for your charity for free or you are upset with me and my level of financial support for your charity,” Carole told Frankel after hearing about the way she was talking about Adam wanting money for a charity event. 


“I didn’t ask for more financial support,” Bethenny said in response. “I don’t need any support for your charity. You didn’t ask me about it once. Never. This summer, you didn’t ask me about it all.”



“Truthfully all I said is that I didn’t really hear from Carole really ever about Puerto Rico and she didn’t see really interested in it,” Bethenny said in a confessional to audiences. “It’s the honest truth.”


“That’s not true, Bethenny,” Carole said after Bethenny’s information dump. “Don’t lie, don’t lie.”


Carole then went off on a tangent about an article that was floating about the two women being at odds with each other. 


“I killed the story because I said there’s absolutely no way the story is true,” Radziwill recalled.


“Now I hear these rumblings that it actually might be true. I don’t understand why you wouldn’t come to me. We had conversations over the summer!”



Carole then proceeded to drag Bethenny for contacting Adam without asking her about it first, and Bethenny said that she never even called or emailed him. 


“Okay, so what did you do? Smoke signals? Whatever it was, you did not tell me,” Radziwill said in an epic rant. 


“You can’t parse out people’s words like that. No, don’t do it. It’s not nice. Friends don’t do that. If this is the vibe, I don’t like it. And I don’t think it’s just a shift.”


“You cannot say something, be wrong, and then start whining to get out of it,” Bethenny fired back.


“It was not a Sunday, it was a Saturday, so already you’re wrong. You can’t be so commandeering when you’re not telling the facts. … I care because I am accurate in every single detail.”



“It doesn’t matter if it was a Saturday or a Sunday or a goddamn Tuesday,” Radziwill screamed at Bethenny, adding: “I’m just trying to understand why this happened and how it has affected our friendship.”


They continued to go at it, but there was apparently no end in sight, and they were going to keep the fight going as long as the cameras were rolling. 


The rest of the episode was taken up by the murder mystery, and well, it was a complete and utter drag. This level of filler should not be present this early in the season. 



What did you think of the episode?


Hit the comments below. 


The Real Housewives of New York continues Wednesdays on Bravo. 



ReadMore…