Thursday, August 23, 2018

Audrey Roloff Offers 3 Pieces of Advice for Working Moms


Audrey Roloff gets it, you guys.


Or you gals, to be more accurate.


She"s a mother to a precious daughter named Ember and she also works: formerly as a cast member on Little People, Big World (until announcing her departure last month) and also as an author and an entrepreneur.


Roloff admits that she"s learning as she goes, trying to find the proper balance between her professional life and her personal life.


But she"s learned enough after about a year of parenthood to pass along some tips.


In an Instagram message Audrey posted in August of 2018, she passed along the following pieces of advice to "working moms" around the world..




1. Tip #1:


Up goes ember

Writes Audrey to open this lengthy caption, which she shared along a photo of herself and almost-one-year-old Ember: “GRACE. Give yourself loads of grace when you see all the things other mothers are doing that make me feel less-than.”



2. More on Grace:


One happy roloff

“I am constantly reminding myself that my standard for motherhood should be rooted in the Word of God NOT the world of Instagram,” concludes Amber on this topic.



3. But Hasn’t She Discussed Grace Before?


Pure joy

Yes, in February of 2018 Audrey wrote on Instagram: “”GRACE. If I had to sum up what motherhood has taught me into one word, it would be grace.



4. What Did She Mean at the Time?


A perfect setting

You tell us, Auds! “I can be pretty hard on myself, and motherhood is teaching me to give myself grace in the moments when I feel unequipped, ill prepared, or like I don’t measure up. On the days when I discover I haven’t been doing something that everyone else seems to be doing, grace. When my ideals don’t fit to reality, grace. When I’m overwhelmed by all the conflicting research on all the hot button issues, grace. When I start to compare myself to the other mama warriors out there, grace. When I get criticized and accused, grace.”



5. A Final Word on Grace


Smiling mom and daughter

Also from this February 2018 post: “When I realize I’m not the kind, patient, and loving wife intend to be, grace. When I get down on myself for working too much or not enough, grace. When I haven’t checked anything off my to-do list, grace. When I’ve worn the same outfit 7 days in a row, grace… I am choosing to release my harsh and sometimes worldly standards and learning to embrace His grace in my weakness. His power is perfected in my weakness.”



6. Okay, Got It. On to Tip #2!


Audrey roloff on the beach

Writes Roloff in her latest pseudo advice column: “Establish your team before you have a baby. Expect to have less than half the time you did beforehand.”


View Slideshow
ReadMore…