Friday, September 7, 2018

Sally Field Pays Heartfelt Tribute to Burt Reynolds

Hollywood has lost a legend.


And Sally Field has lost a true love.


As previously reported, Burt Reynolds died on Thursday of a heart attack, passing away at his home in Jupiter, Florida of a heart attack.


The legendary actor was 82 years old.



Upon learning of his death, a number of entertainment industry heavyweights have expressed their sympathy and their sorrow (scroll down), but one name stands out from all the rest right now.


Sally Field met Reyonds on the set of the 1977 smash hit comedy, Smokey and the Bandit.


The actress and the actor would date for five years… while also co-starring in several more films, including Smokey and the Bandit II, The End and Hooper.


Although they split for good in 1982, Reynolds recounted the romance over 30 years later in an interview with Vanity Fair, referring to Field as “the love of my life.”


And it’s clear now that Reyonds was never far from the two-time Oscar winner’s heart, either.



“There are times in your life that are so indelible, they never fade away,” Field said in a statement this afternoon, adding of Reynolds:


“They stay alive, even forty years later. My years with Burt never leave my mind. He will be in my history and my heart, for as long as I live. Rest, Buddy.”


Reynolds’ manager, Erik Kritzer, confirmed the passing of this big screen icon, while his niece, Nancy Lee Hess, said the following on Thursday:


“My uncle was not just a movie icon; he was a generous, passionate and sensitive man who was dedicated to his family, friends, fans and acting students.


“He has had health issues, however, this was totally unexpected. He was tough. Anyone who breaks their tailbone on a river and finishes the movie is tough. And that’s who he was.


“My uncle was looking forward to working with Quentin Tarantino (in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood) and the amazing cast that was assembled.”



In recent years, Reynolds used a cane while out in public. His last appearance in front of a big crowd took place at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival.


In the wake of his passing, nearly everyone across Hollywood chimed in with a story about Reynolds or with a few thoughts about the highly-respected actor. To wit:


Arnold Schwarzenegger: Burt Reynolds was one of my heroes. He was a trailblazer. He showed the way to transition from being an athlete to being the highest paid actor, and he always inspired me. He also had a great sense of humor – check out his Tonight Show clips. My thoughts are with his family.


Reba McEntire: My good friend has started a new journey. Rest in my peace my friend. I’ll never forget the wonderful times we spent together.


Sylvester Stallone: A sad day, my friend BURT REYNOLDS Has passed away. I remember him back in 1979, he always reminded me that I should’ve cast him as Colonel Trautman in FIRST BLOOD , I said that’s impossible, because you’re too expensive and too famous, and probably tougher than Rambo ! He laughed , He had a great sense of humor and I enjoyed his company so much… RIP Buddy




burt tributes


Goldie Hawn: There is only One Burt Reynolds. One! I loved our time our laughs and fun. Now your angels will giggle at your silly jokes as they hold you lightly as you rest dear one.


Kevin Bacon: Im 19.  I get a few lines in a movie. The megastar on set was really nice and cool to this punk actor(me) for no reason. The director called me before the movie came out to tell me I had hit the cutting room floor. But I never forgot that Star. Thanks Burt. RIP.


Paul Wesley: Burt Reynolds was one of the kindest and most generous people I have ever worked with. He took me under his wing when I was first starting out as an actor and offered friendship, advice and guidance. I’ll never forget how much that meant to me.


Michael Chiklis: I owe my career, at least in part, to the great Burt Reynolds. Heartbroken to learn of his passing. He was one of a kind. A fun loving, charismatic talent who did many good deeds quietly, without personal expectation but rather out of the kindness of his extraordinary heart. RIP.


May Burt Reynolds rest in peace.



ReadMore…