Monday, September 28, 2015

Gigi Hadid Destroys Internet Trolls: I Have Boobs! Thighs! A$$! DEAL!

Gigi Hadid makes clear in a powerful, pointed and yet poignant Instagram post that she doesn’t care what Internet trolls have to say. At all.


Responding to clowns who have been calling out her physique, which has been more curvy of late, the 20-year-old rose above the fray …



“Judgment on social media comes from people who, 99 percent of the time, have no idea what they’re talking about,” the model writes.



However, that simple truth doesn’t change the fact that “I’m a human, and I’m not going to lie, I did let the negativity get to me a little.”


So how did she respond? What did the body shaming she endured make her think about herself? And society? In her own words:


“I came to a realization that when one gets to this point, it’s important to rethink why you do what you do. What your message is. What you have to say.”


“No, I don’t have the same body type as the other models in shows. No, I don’t think I’m the best at any given show…”


“No, I’m not the first or the last model of my type in this industry. You can make up all the reasons you think I am where I am.”


“But really, I’m a hard worker that’s confident in myself, one that came at a time where the fashion industry was ready for a change.”


“I’m just doing my job. I represent a body image that wasn’t accepted in high-fashion before, and I’m very lucky to be supported.”


“By the designers, stylists, and editors … by the ones that know this is fashion, it’s art; it can never stay the same.”



“Yes, I have boobs, I have abs, I have a butt, I have thighs, but I’m not asking for special treatment.”


“Your mean comments don’t make me want to change my body, they don’t make me want to say no to the designers that ask me to be in their shows.”


“They definitely don’t change the designers opinions of me. If they want me in their show, I’m in it; if they don’t, I’m not.”


“That’s just how it is and how it will be. If you don’t like it, don’t follow me, don’t watch me, cause I’m not going anywhere.”


Major props to Hadid on this post. She admits that she may not be as lithe as other models, but, in the end, she simply doesn’t care.


Having walked in New York, London, Milan, and Paris fashion weeks, and has modeled for many top-level brands, why should she?


Not only is she incredibly successful, she’s doing so in the face of the kind of bullying that drives people to do horrible, horrible things.


For her strength – and the positive message she’s sending to other models, and people in general – she should be commended.


Perhaps the morons who hate on this (absolutely stunning!) young woman from behind the keys of a message board should take heed.