Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Amber Rose SLAMS Tyrese, Rev Run for Slut-Shaming

Don"t challenge Amber Rose when it comes to slut-shaming, because she will SHUT. IT. DOWN.


Intelligently, we might add.


On an episode of "It"s Not You, It"s Men," Amber reveals that when she walks down the street, she often gets groped by strangers who think they can grab her because she"s famous and wears sexy clothing.


She makes it clear that this is NOT okay, but hosts Tyrese and Rev. Run shockingly suggest the possibility that she somehow invites it with her image.


Tyrese likens it to seeing a pro basketball player and wanting to play ball with him, which is obviously ridiculous because playing basketball is not the same as getting sexually assaulted.


Amber is having none of it, and she lays down the law:


"If I’m laying down with a man – butt-naked – and his condom is on, and I say, ‘You know what? No. I don’t want to do this. I changed my mind,’ that means no. That means f—ing no. That’s it… It doesn’t matter how far I take it or what I have on. When I say no, it means no." 


Basically, it"s about consent. 


"If I wanna wear a short skirt or a tank top and I"m at the club and I"m having fun with my friends and I feel sexy, I"m not DTF," she continues.


"I didn"t come here to have sex… I came out here with my girls and I just feel pretty. I"m not asking for nothing."


The hosts nod and concede, understanding that she"s right.


But she then let"s them know that it"s not just them, it"s society.


"I"m not mad at ya"ll, because that"s how society raised all of us," she said. "I"m a former slut-shamer, I"ve called women hoes a million times… and now I"m not, I"m a former slut-shamer."


We applaud Amber for spreading the word about victim-blaming and sexual consent.


She has been publicly slut-shamed numerous times by ex-boyfriends Kanye West and Wiz Khalifa (Wiz has since apologized). 


Last October, she held a "Slut Walk" in Los Angeles to raise awareness about the issue and empower women to speak out.


And we hope they do.


Amber rose slams tyrese rev run for slut shaming comments