Thursday, February 18, 2016

Caitlyn Jenner: I"m Not a Role Model... But I Am a Republican

Caitlyn Jenner would like to make a couple things clear.



The I Am Cait and Keeping Up with the Kardashians star spoke at the University of Pennsylvania on Wednesday night, responding at one point to a student’s question about her Conservative viewpoints by saying:


“I have gotten more flak for being a conservative Republican than I have for being trans.”


Jenner made news a few months ago when she was asked how she can be transgender… and also be against gay marriage.


But Vanity Fair writer and author Buzz Bissinger understands.


As the one interviewing Jenner during the event last night, Bissinger supported Caitlyn’s Republicanism and explained it as follows:


“Just because you change gender doesn’t mean you change your core beliefs.”


As for those who believe Jenner is only starring I Am Cait due to a need for attention or in order to pad her bank account?


“I don’t need the money. So I don’t understand that claim,” she responded. “No one transitions for financial gain. No way…


“You don’t do it unless you know deep down in your soul that it’s the right thing to do. If I can’t be honest with myself about what I’m doing, I’m no good for anything.”


In closing, Caitlyn was asked about being a role model for the LGBT community.


And her response may be surprising to some:


“I’m not a role model! I’m so new to this community I don’t expect to be one.”