Thursday, February 4, 2016

Caitlyn Jenner on Vanity Fair: Cover of the Year!

Nearly 10 months after she graced Vanity Fair as a woman for the first time, Caitlyn Jenner has received a special accolade for her introduction to the world.



The American Society of Magazine Editors just named the I Am Cait star’s Vanity Fair issue Cover of the Year, with ESPN The Magazine’s “Body 2015: Chantae McMillan” receiving the Readers’ Choice Award given out by the same organization.


The iconic cover shot was taken by Annie Leibovitz and featured three simple words over the top of Jenner’s first-ever photo as a female:


“Call Me Caitlyn.”


Said Sid Holt, Chief Executive of The American Society of Magazine Editors in a statement:


“The cover contest judges had tough decisions to make this year.


“Any time you have to choose between an already legendary Annie Leibovitz shoot on the cover of Vanity Fair, a Mark Seliger comedy special on GQ and one of the year’s most talked-about news covers, ‘Cosby: The Women’ on New York – plus Serena Williams on both Sports Illustrated and New York – that’s a good time to be a magazine editor and an even better time to be a magazine reader.”


Along with her now-legendary pose, Jenner spoke inside this issue on everything regarding her transition… from her family’s reaction to how she just could not hide her identity any longer.


“I had this one time where I had not had a mirror behind me and they put this mirror up behind when I was doing this shoot,” she recalled.


“I had this rocking black outfit on, formal outfit, and I kind of, from a distance, looked in the mirror and I felt, ‘Oh, my God.’


“And seeing that image was powerful to me, you know… And I kind of looked at it and said, ‘You know what? This is going to work. We’re going to be OK with this, you know.”


Elsewhere, meanwhile, we predict that Kanye West’s fake Rolling Stone cover will NOT win this award next year.