Thursday, February 25, 2016

Chrissy Teigen Defends Decision to Choose Baby’s Gender Via IV

Chrissy Teigen is no stranger to controversy.



Typically, however, the model finds herself in hot viral water due to some funny Tweet or some racy photo.


The latest scandal surrounding Teigen is a bit more serious.


Teigen is expecting her first child any week now with husband John Legend, as the famous couple counts down the days until they are parents to a baby girl.


Because they struggled for a long time to conceive, Teigen and Legend used IVF to get pregnant, meaning they could actually choose their embryo and decide on the gender of their child.


“I think I was most excited and allured by the fact that John would be the best father to a little girl. That excited me,” Teigen told People of why she decided to have a daughter.


“It excited me to see … just the thought of seeing him with a little girl. I think he deserves a little girl. I think he deserves that bond.”


But Chrissy was met with criticism online for sort of playing God, for actually having a say in the sex of her baby.


Fortunately, because she’s Chrissy Teigen, she did not sit back and just take it. She responded to critics in both humorous and serious manner.



“What year is this!? And for the record, I am always happy and open to speak on infertility. The more casual, the better! I don’t mind,” Teigen Tweeted at first in response to the backlash, adding:


“I also picked the embryo with a taste for bacon, a knack for magic and size 7 feet so she can always find shoes.”


We’re pretty sure she was kidding with that one.


“what is that difference though? i’ve already created embryos with a doctor. only after must it be random?” she asked.


Teigen then concluded her reply as follows:


“This is all so interesting. I said it so casually because i’m just open. I’m around so many open-minded people & forgot it’s controversial.


“anyhow I am not mad at anyone’s beliefs but I don’t really actively seek out people to make them feel bad about their decisions either.”


You don’t, Chrissy?!? Then what are you doing on the Internet?