Thursday, October 13, 2016

Taylor McKinney: Bentley Is MY Son!

Hope you’re ready to see what could possibly be the sweetest moment in Teen Mom OG history!


Sure, you’re probably used to Farrah yelling at anyone unfortunate enough to cross her path and Catelynn and Tyler crying about their marriage, but trust us, this is going to be a welcome break from the drama.


Grab your tissues, because it’s about to get adorable in here.



This is a sneak peek from next week’s episode, and if you didn’t appreciate Maci Bookout’s brand new husband already, you sure as hell will now.


In this clip, Taylor McKinney has a couple of friends over to look at his new baby, Maverick, and to drink some beers.


Taylor’s buddies ask him what it’s like to be a father to three kids, and while Taylor admits it’s chaotic, he seems to be very happy.


He mentions that Bentley, Maci’s son with Ryan Edwards, is with his father at the moment, and one of his friends points out that it’s a “scary thought, when they’re over at someone else’s house and you don’t know how they’re getting parented or how people are treating them.”



It’s a fair point, and it only gets fairer when you consider that a great deal of people seem to think that Ryan is possibly on drugs at the moment. Throw that on top of Ryan’s general disinterest in parenting, and it must be hard for Taylor and Maci to send Bentley over to be with him.


But, as Taylor’s buddy tells him, “Later in life, Bentley will realize that you don’t have to do anything that you do. Being a stepdad, you’re there by your own choice. He’ll appreciate it. I mean, it’s big.”


And that’s when Taylor began a heartfelt, touching little speech about what Bentley means to him. And it is amazing.


“I don’t feel like I’m doing anything extra,” Taylor says. “It’s just the way I was raised. I’m just going what I’m supposed to do.”



“I knew early on, before I moved out here, the role I was taking on and I wasn’t going to come into his life and leave. If I was going to come in, I was going to be a father figure and teach him everything my dad taught me.”


“So I don’t feel like I treat Bentley any different than I would treat Jayde or Maverick. To me, he’s mine, and not that I’m trying to replace Ryan, it’s just that when he lives over here, I don’t want him to feel any different. I don’t want him to feel like he’s a stepson and I’m favoring them.”


“If anything, I feel like I go out of my way to put him first.”



Taylor then, if you can even believe it, shows off a tattoo of an anatomical heart with three names surrounding it: Jayde, Maverick, and Bentley.


It’s just so nice to see a guy on Teen Mom actually be a good guy, you know?


Right now, Teen Mom OG features Tyler Baltierra, who, while usually sweet, has been acting like a real jackass lately towards Catelynn Lowell.


There’s Matt Baier, Amber Portwood’s guy, who is a well-documented deadbeat dad and who is just generally shady. Along with Matt, there’s also Gary Shirley, the father of Amber’s daughter, Leah, who’s always trying to upset or hurt Amber.



Then there’s Simon Saran, Farrah Abraham’s sometimes boyfriend, and you know any guy who made the choice to date Farrah can’t be great.


And, of course, there’s Ryan Edwards, Bentley’s father … though he hasn’t acted like a father for most of Bentley’s life.


We can’t expect all these dudes to be as sweet as Taylor seems to be, but damn, would it hurt them to at least try?



ReadMore…