Friday, November 25, 2016

Selena Gomez: Grab Your Tissues, I"m Back on Instagram!

Selena Gomez is fresh out of rehab, and is positively dripping with peace, happiness, and inspiration.



Positively. Dripping.



She spent nearly two months at a rehab center in Tennessee to get help with the depression and anxiety that had popped up as side effects from her lupus.


That was an inspirational move in itself — not too many celebrities as popular as Selena would take time off during the prime of their careers to better themselves, as we know all too well.


But then she made her first post-rehab appearance at last week’s American Music Awards, and, well, she pretty much just owned our hearts.


In her incredibly moving acceptance speech for her award for Best Female Artist in the pop/rock category, she fought tears to say “I think it’s safe to say that all of you know my life whether I like it or not.”


“I had to stop,” she explained, “because I had everything, and I was absolutely broken inside. I kept it all together enough to where I would never let you down, but I kept it too much together to where I let myself down.”



“I don’t want to see your bodies on Instagram. I want to see what’s in here,” she said, putting her hand over her heart.


“I’m not trying to get validation, nor do I need it anymore,” she went on.


“All I can say from the bottom of my heart is that I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to be able to share what I love every single day with people that I love.”


“And I have to say thank you so much to my fans, because you guys are so damn loyal and I don’t know what I did to deserve you.”


“If you are broken,” she finished, “you do not have to stay broken.”


Amazing, right?


Selena continued the trend of being wise and beautiful and wonderful in her very first social media post in over three months.


She shared this adorable photo yesterday on Thanksgiving:



And, along with it, she wrote “I have a lot to be thankful for this year.”


“My year has been the hardest yet most rewarding one yet. I’ve finally fought the fight of not ‘being enough."”


“I have only wanted to reflect the love you guys have given me for years and show how important it is to take care of YOU,” she wrote.


“By grace through faith. Kindness always wins. I love you guys. God bless.”



And there you have it: undeniable proof that Selena Gomez is a goddess among us.


Here’s hoping that she got all the help she needed in rehab, and that she’s able to come back to us strong and healthy and whole.


What a blessing of a person.



ReadMore…