Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Scheana Marie on Divorce Settlement: I Hate Giving Money to an Addict!

If you watch Vanderpump Rules online, then you’re likely aware that the brief marriage between Scheana Marie and Mike Shay didn’t exactly end on amicable terms.


Scheana and Shay’s divorce became public knowledge before we saw it fall apart on the show, but in the Vanderpump Season 5 finale (and the show’s 47-part reunion show), we finally found out just how ugly things really got.



Obviously, one of the main issues was Shay’s drug problem, but there were other factors in Scheana’s decision to split, as well.


For starters, it seems Shay had decided to devote his free time (which, as an unemployed dude, he had a lot of) to sexting other women and making terrible music with Nicole Arbour.


Unfortunately for Scheana, the divorce came just as she was starting to make some serious bank from her reality TV career.


She and Shay never signed a prenup, so naturally, she was forced to shell out a goodly amount of cash in the divorce, but it seems she feels it was all worth it in order to be free of a dude that was only dragging her down:


“Well, he got paid last year, so I would assume that’s already gone,” Scheana said in a recent discussion with WWE star Sean “X-Pac” Waltman (we live in strange times).



She added:


“He wasn’t a person who was ever really good with money. It was very amicable, and as much as I didn’t want to give $ 50 thousand to a person with a drug problem, I felt like… I don’t know, like he deserved it for just, you know, being a part of the show for so long and my life and my story.”


That’s actually awfully mature of Scheana.


Of course, these days she’s reportedly making close to half a million a season for Vanderpump (just one of her many revenue streams), so forking over 50 G’s to make a problem go away probably wasn’t all that hard on her.


She went on to say that she hoped Mike would be smart with the money – but she now fears he’s already blown it:



“And I’m like, look, I’m not trying to cut you out and leave you high and dry so like, here’s how much we have, is this OK? And he agreed,” Scheana said.


“And I was just like I recommend that you put $ 10 thousand into like SEP-IRA, start a retirement account or something that you know you can start getting interest on. And he was like, yeah that’s a great idea. I doubt he did that.”


She added:


“I don’t know, but I just hope that he’s doing something useful with it and not just wasting it like he wasted a lot of mine.”



Money aside, Scheana has indisputably “won” the divorce.


She’s already dating actor Robert Valletta, and she now gets to take the high road with meme-worthy comments about how she hopes he finds the contentment he’s searching for:


“I just wanted him to be happy,” Scheana told the wrestling dude.


“I put my life and my career on hold for the last couple years ‘cause I just wanted him to be happy. I wanted him to have everything, and I think that, I don’t know, maybe I did that a little too much.”


That comment is basically the divorce equivalent of a Mortal Kombat finishing move. #FlawlessVictory



ReadMore…