Friday, June 2, 2017

Jim Carrey Defends Kathy Griffin: She"s a Comedian!

The internet has had a flurry of different emotions to Kathy Griffin’s fake beheading of Donald Trump.


Being a comedian himself, Jim Carrey has opened up about his thoughts on that gruesome imagery, and he seems to be team Kathy. 


“I think it is the job of a comedian to cross the line at all times — because that line is not real,” Carrey, 55, explained. 



“If you step out into that spotlight and you’re doing the crazy things that [Trump is] doing,” Carrey continued, “we’re the last line of defense. And really, the comedians are the last voice of truth in this whole thing. It’s impossible to get away from it.”


Carrey then went on to say that he had a vivid dream recently, and, well, basically said he could have killed Donald Trump in it. 


“I had a dream the other night I was playing golf with Donald Trump,” he recalled.



“I was standing beside him with a club in my hand, and I was considering my options when I suddenly woke up.” “It was one of those dreams where you just want to get back to sleep so you can finish it, you know?” Carrey added.


Yikes.


In the wake of the picture going viral across the internet, Kathy was quick to apologize for her role in the shocking imagery. 


“I sincerely apologize,” Griffin said. “I’m just now seeing the reaction to these images. I’m a comic. I crossed the line. I moved the line, then I crossed it. I went way too far.”



That apology was still not enough for Kathy to keep her lucrative job at CNN, and she was fired. Even her former co-host Anderson Cooper chimed in on his thoughts on the matter via Twitter. 


“For the record, I am appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in. It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate.”


There is even word that Barron Trump was watching TV with Melania and that he thought the images were real. It was such a horrible turn of events, but something tells us Kathy will be more mindful with her jokes going forward. 


Hit the comments with your thoughts on the matter. 



ReadMore…