Friday, June 30, 2017

Jared Padalecki Pens Touching Letter to Children After Father"s Day

We’ve watched Jared Padalecki grow up on a string of WB/The CW drama series over many years, and we still can’t quite believe he’s a father to three children.


It is crazy how the time flies, right?



Turns out, Jared is embracing fatherhood with open arms and even penned a touching letter to his children after Father’s Day. His wife, Genevieve Cortese shared the letter on her blog, Now & Gen, on Thursday. 


It was titled Post Father’s Day Thoughts and included a whole lot of thoughts that will hit you right in the feels.  He and Genevieve have three children, Thomas, 5, Austin, 3, and Odette, 3 months.


“I realize Father’s Day was supposed to be about … well … ‘fathers’ … praising them and thanking them and making them feel needed and appreciated. But, as the ‘father’ in this relationship, I wanted to change things up a bit,” the actor’s letter began.



“I wanted to take this opportunity, after my fifth Father’s Day (and counting), not to say ‘you’re welcome,’ but to say ‘thank you.’”


In the letter, the star reflects on some funny moments in which his kids turned his trailer into a “jungle gym,” his office into a “secret candy storage bunker,” his bed into a “UFC octagon, and his truck into “a giant garbage and food crumb receptacle.”


“Thank you for making my trailer feel like more than just a ‘place I go to work,’ thank you for our ‘don’t tell mom’ excursions up to my office to have a sweet treat, thank you for testing the mattress springs, thank you for making me clean my truck more often,” he said. 



“Thank you for letting me feel what it’s like to love something more than yourself. I have your back, now and always. You’ve humbled me, you’ve helped me rediscover the joy of discovery. You’re turned my world upside down. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.”


Was that, like, the biggest tearjerker of the century?


Hit the comments, you guys. 



ReadMore…