Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Erin Andrews Opens Up About Cancer Diagnosis: Get The Details!

Erin Andrews is cancer-free after having surgery to remove all traces of the disease from her body


The 39-year-old has opened up to Health magazine about her diagnosis, recovery and whether there is the possibility that cancer could return down the line. 



One of the key talking points, of course, was Erin’s decision to freeze her embryos a few years back. Her reason?


“Just because it was all the rage,” the star confirms to the publication. 


“It definitely took a serious turn for us,” Andrews opens up about the chances of conceiving with fiancé, Jarret Stoll.



“I’m not young, we don’t know when we’re going to have a baby, we don’t know if this is going to come back.”


It sure sounds like things were in an uncertain state for Andrews during that difficult time. Thankfully, she’s currently healthy.


Andrews even opened up about keeping her diagnosis a secret from her coworkers. We can’t even begin to imagine how it must have been for Erin to come to terms with the diagnosis. 


It would have been difficult for anyone. 



“Working with a bunch of men, I didn’t wanna be like, ‘Sooo, they think I have cervical cancer,’ and they’d be like, ‘Where’s your cervix?’ ” she says.


“But I’d also come off this huge trial that was kind of the focus of the summer, and I don’t want to be the girl that always has the problems at the table — ‘And now I have cancer!’”


The huge trial Erin is referring to was the one in which she was awarded $ 55 million because she sued the Marriot International hotel chain. She claimed that they knowingly let peeping tom, Michael Barrett to have the room next to her. 


This resulted in a nude video of Andrews doing the rounds in 2009. It was a difficult time for the Fox News anchor and Dancing with the Stars co-host, who claimed she felt ashamed and was even close to abandoning her career. 



Erin also felt like her illness was not something that was a big deal and that’s part of the reason why she kept quiet about it. 


“I also think that I didn’t want to believe it was that big a deal, so we kept it quiet. But the wait was horrible.”


Andrews then went on to speak about the aftermath of her surgery, which took place on October 11. 


“At Dancing with the Stars that Monday, I was in my dressing room when the phone rang and [the doctor] said, ‘You’re good. We got it.’ I was like, ’Oh my God,’ crying — while trying on a ballroom dress,” she says.



Nowadays, Erin is hopeful for the future and may be looking into having children. 


“I want to continue doing more, but it’s going to be shaped toward how I want to have this family and how I do want to have kids,” she says. 


“I think it’s possible that I’ll be able to have a kid and be able to do this for a living. We’re just gonna have to figure out how.”


What do you think about all of this?



ReadMore…