Monday, February 19, 2018

Jacob Roloff Talks Family Feud: Does He Hate His Parents or What?!?

Jacob Roloff has come a very long way in two years.


It wasn’t THAT long after all, when the Little People, Big World personality chose to remove himself from his family’s narrative.



Sick over the way his loved ones were choosing to be portrayed on their reality TV show, Jacob didn’t merely walk away in July of 2016.


He walked away from the series while also slamming the production in the process, exposing his parents and siblings for the type of liars they had become.


“For the sake of ‘the episode’ and ratings I’ve seen a lot of STORYLINES drawn up (loosely) about our lives,” Roloff wrote at the time, taking the very unusual step of outing his own show as scripted and fake.


He added:


“The family that is filmed is not my family.


“They are the Roloff Characters and I have scarcely anything in common with them, nor do I want to be a character myself.”


Pretty harsh and to the point, huh?


With that, Jacob faded away from the spotlight for several months, taking road trips with his girlfriend and dogs around the Pacific Northwest and scarcely posting on social media.



But now a few things have changed.


For starters, Isabel Rock is no longer Jacob’s girlfriend… she’s his fiancee!!!!!!!!!!!


Moreover, Jacob is on strong terms once again with his family, as his Instagram page is filled with photos of himself, his nephew, his siblings and, yes, his parents.


For whatever reason, however, some Internet trolls refuse to believe that Jacob and his relatives are getting along so well.


They continue to perpetuate talk of a feud, so much so that Jacob has finally taken to social media in order to respond to this chatter.


“You know that feeling of dread when someone is scrutinizing you and you think, “hey, this might be true about me,” until they slip up and say something totally bonkers and wrong, and you sigh with relief because they are *so* off base?” Roloff asked as a caption to the throwback photo below.


He then continued:


“I feel this every. single. time. I see a headline regarding ‘rifts’ in my family. It is just so simply and surely untrue!


“This is a good picture of a pure, early, easy, fun time in my life.”



Jacob proceeded to share an excerpt from his upcoming memoir about Amy Roloff and Matt Roloff.


It reads as follows:


My parents have always been pretty amazing. They both succeeded in life, had a family and provided for and gave their kids all that they wanted, within disciplined reason.


My dad taught me practical, mindful things like chess, how to build a fire, and other sorts of exercises in basic critical thinking to a degree that I still carry the lessons with me today.


He was also a great storyteller, sitting all of us kids by the fire and telling stories of “dark, windy nights.”


My mom, always making sure we knew we were loved, supported all our efforts and hobbies as often as she knew about them, even coaching all of us kids in soccer in our early years.


She also instilled in us a very good sense of manners and respect that I find myself appreciating more and more everyday.


So much for this being a bitter and angry tell-all, right?



Jacob’s book will be titled “Out to See” and will be available to purchase on May 1.


To drive the point home that everything is great between himself and his mom and dad, he also included an old image of himself and his siblings on the beach via Instagram, posting along with it yet another memoir passage.


This one reads as follows:


I’m just so happy my parents believed in life enough to have four kids. My brothers, both with their own wives and a daughter and son respectively.


My sister, with her own husband and booming life in Spokane, Washington.


I, too, am now entering the open sea of life and have gotten myself engaged to a wonderful beauty of a girl, and have begun a commitment in profession.


This – the farm, our next generation of families – with its many reverberations in all of our individual lives, and those of our children, comes due to my parents and their dedication to the family, and belief in life.


Doesn’t exactly sound like someone who has anything but love and affection for his family members, does it?



ReadMore…