Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Lala Kent: Jennifer Lawrence Called Me a C-nt, So Now I Have to Kick Her Ass!

If you’ve been watching Vanderpump Rules this season, you know that Lala Kent’s attempted transition into the show’s resident woke bae has yielded mixed results.


While it’s nice to see Kent rallying the women of the cast under the banner of feminist solidarity, we can’t help but cringe when a white woman from Utah adopts a thick blaccent to address a roomful of POCs as “my bruthaaaas.”



(And don’t get us started on her continued support for James Kennedy’s abusive behavior toward women.)


Unfortunately for Lala, it seems we’re not the only ones who have picked up on her glaring lack of authenticity.


Jennifer Lawrence appeared on Andy Cohen’s Watch What Happens Live last week, and she assessed Kent’s contradictory behavior and tendency to flip-flop in a brutally frank way:


“I’m like, ‘Bitch, you’s a c–t!” Lawrence told Cohen when asked about Lala.


Now, it’s easy to forget – particularly when you’re watching a show as endlessly melodramatic as Vanderpump – that the people on screen are real-world human beings and not soap opera characters.



And it’s not surprising that Kent was taken aback by Lawrence’s take of her TV persona:


“Did Jennifer Lawrence really call me a ‘c–t’ on @bravowwhl? Annnnnd talk about my mama? Bitch, you better pray I don’t see you in the streets,” Kent tweeted.


“You’re one of the highest paid actresses on the planet…you claim you are pro-women and you call another woman a c–t? You’re gross,” she added.


Kent went on to congratulate Lawrence on “two bombed movies in a row.”


Lala promptly deleted the tweets, but as she revealed in a recent podcast interview, she did so not out of remorse, but in response to a stern warning from her manager:



“I did a three-peat: I did one tweet, delete, two tweet, delete, three tweet, delete. My manager called me and said, ‘Lala, what are you doing?"” Kent said.


“She goes, ‘You either delete the tweet or you delete my info for the next 24 hours ‘cause I’m not trying to deal,"” she added.


“So, I deleted it.”


Lala went on to argue that Lawrence’s behavior would be better suited to a SUR girl than an Oscar-winner:


“The thing is, no one wants to be called the c-word, especially by an A-list celebrity on national television. I was such a huge fan of hers, and it bummed me out,” Kent remarked.



“I thought that she had a little more class than that. You know, let’s leave the trash to people like me who do reality TV,” she said. “Don’t try to steal my thunder, girlfriend!”


Well, the threat of violence may have been out of line, but Lala is actually coming off as the more level-headed party here.


No word on whether or not Lawrence has apologized, but she may want to reflect on the fact that she managed to make a member of the VPR cast look rational by comparison.


Watch Vanderpump Rules online to remind yourself of just how hard it is to pull off that feat.



ReadMore…