Monday, May 21, 2018

Audrey Roloff: I"ve Learned FIVE Things as a Mother


Audrey Roloff is still pretty new at this whole motherhood thing.


She gave birth to daughter Ember Jean in September of 2017 and has since written plenty about the amazing experience on Instagram.


Roloff has gotten into occasional trouble for some of the stuff she has said about having a child, but for the most part, she has simply gushed over her daughter and her family.


Now, via an Instagram post she posted in May of 2018, Audrey has shared with followers five lessons she has learned from being a parent.


Some may be obvious, others less so.


But perhaps you can relate to one or two of these tidbits?




1. Lesson #1:


Happy mommy and daughter

This is how Amber opened her informative and sort of fascinating post: “To love the body God gave me and to embrace its strength and beauty with gratefulness” is something she has learned.



2. How So?


Audrey roloff jeremy roloff and ember jean in maui

“Watching my body change and witnessing its ability to deliver a child taught me to appreciate my physical body in all of its God-designed complexities on a whole new level,” Audrey details.



3. A Lesson of Importance and Priorities


Audrey roloff and ember jean in maui

Concludes Audrey in this case: “Motherhood has taught me focus less on body-image and more on being an image-bearer. I am also now capable of getting myself ready in less than 5 mintes, which is an added bonus.”



4. Lesson #2:


Audrey and ember photo

“GRACE,” writes Audrey, expounding a bit as follows: “Motherhood has taught me to give myself loads of grace for all the things I see other mothers doing that make me feel less-than.”



5. Forget Social Media, She Adds


Audrey ember adorable

Yes, this is very ironic for a social media post to say, but Roloff continues on this point: “My standard for motherhood is rooted and established in the the Word [of] God not the world of Instagram.”



6. Let’s Turn to the Bible, Shall We?


With ember

Audrey often uses this as source material. In this instance, she wrotes: “Motherhood sure has a way of revealing my failures and flaws, but I’m refusing to let these discoveries steal my confidence in the grace of God who’s power is made perfect in my weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:9).”


View Slideshow
ReadMore…