Thursday, July 26, 2018

Michelle Williams and Phil Elverum: Married!

Big news from one of the most talented actresses working today!


Michelle Williams covers the new issue of Vanity Fair, and inside the mag, she confirms that she’s now married to indie musician Phil Elverum.




Michelle Williams-Phil Elverum


In the most candid interview of her career, Williams gushed about her new husband and revealed the impetus behind her decision to finally open up about her personal life:


“Obviously I’ve never once in my life talked about a relationship,” she said.


“But Phil isn’t anyone else. And that’s worth something.


“Ultimately the way he loves me is the way I want to live my life on the whole. I work to be free inside of the moment. I parent to let Matilda feel free to be herself, and I am finally loved by someone who makes me feel free.”


Williams has a daughter, 12-year-old Matilda, with the late Heath Ledger, who passed away in 2008.




Phil Elverum


“I never gave up on love. I always say to Matilda, ‘Your dad loved me before anybody thought I was talented, or pretty, or had nice clothes,’” she tells Vanity Fair. 


Sadly, Elverum is no stranger to tragedy himself.


In 2016, the singer’s first wife, musical artist Geneviève Castrée, passed away from pancreatic cancer shortly after giving birth to the couple’s only daughter.


As for her decision to discuss her personal life after so many years of keeping a low profile, Williams says she felt compelled to speak out after realizing that her story might serve as a source of hope or inspiration for others who have experienced profound loss:


“I don’t really want to talk about any of it,” she says. 



“But there’s that tease, that lure, that’s like, ‘What if this helps somebody?


“What if somebody who has always journeyed in this way, who has struggled as much as I struggled, and looked as much as I looked, finds something that helps them?’”


Williams adds:


“Don’t settle. Don’t settle for something that feels like a prison, or is hard, or hurts you,” she says. “If it doesn’t feel like love, it’s not love.”


We wish Michelle and Phil all the best.


If anyone deserves happiness and companionship, it’s these two.


ReadMore…