Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Married at First Sight Recap: Mother, May I Stay Married to Her?

Tristan Thompson brought out the big gun this week on Married at First Sight.


(Once again, we must note: Not that Tristan Thompson, not the basketball player who cheated on Khloe Kardashian left, right and every which way possible during her pregnancy.)


Instead, weeks after new wife Mia Bally got stopped by security at an airport due to a history of stalking, the other Tristan Thompson asked his mother,. Kathy, to speak to his shady better half.




Mia actually spent two days in jail as a result of the aforementioned incident, leading Kathy to say the following to her daughter-in-law:


“I mean, this is kind of difficult. I was a prison guard and I prayed for you because I know what they do to pretty girls.”


Fair point. Fair concern.


But what about Mia’s marriage to her son?


Does Kathy still approve?


After looking into Bally’s eyes and listening to her side of the story, Kathy came around and gave Mia her blessing.


“I felt at ease that she was sincere and she was telling the truth,” Tristan’s mom said, focusing on how quickly the reality stars had said they were in love with each other.


Yes, love.


“Tristan doesn’t throw that word around casually at all,” she said. “It’s kind of quick for me.”



Elsewhere on this week’s episode…


Dave and Amber introduced each other to their friends… and it didn’t exactly go well.


First, Amber asked her pal Zachia and her husband over for dinner, with Dave taking exception to how Zachia liked to bust her man’s balls.


Was it good-natured? Maybe.


But she wouldn’t even let him have a drink and continually made comments to let everyone know that she the one in control in the relationship.


“Dave has to know Amber and I are forever,” Zachia said. “They may actually get annoyed that I’m going to be here all the time.”




married dude


Dave wasn’t down with this.


He said Amber’s friends “wouldn’t fit in well” with his group of friends, but this was of no concern to Amber… because she didn’t even want to meet Dave’s friends!


“I have my own friends already so I don’t feel like I need other friends,” she said to her husband, who was clearly taken aback.


In the end, though, this was much drama over nothing because the couple did chill with Dave’s pals a bit and they were nothing but nice and supportive of Amber.



Finally, we arrive at the tale of Danielle Bergman and Bobby Dodd.


And it’s a kind of boring one because these two just get along so darn well!


“I’ve been married for two weeks and it feels easy,” Bobby said, while Danielle added she can’t find anything she doesn’t like about Bobby.


Like, nothing. At all.


“Anytime Danielle says anything positive about me, it makes my heart skip,” Bobby said.


And that was it. 


No issues here over groups of friends or over one side getting taken into custody for totally creeping on a former lover.


Good for them!


ReadMore…