Friday, September 11, 2015

Nicole Arbour Fired from Movie Due to "Cruel Fat-Shaming Video"

You know what they say about Karma, right?


YouTube star Nicole Arbour came under major fire last week for posting a video that called out fat people, saying in the footage that body shaming does not exist and that obese individuals should just shut up and work out.



The video was removed by YouTube for a brief period of time before being reinstated.



Many (including THG) were appalled by Arbour’s comments, but believed she should be permitted to make then. Freedom of speech and all.


But what goes around often comes around… and director Pat Mills says he’s dropped Arbour as a choreographer from his upcoming movie due to her controversial viewpoint.


“She seemed like a perfect fit for the project. I shared the script with her,” Mills tells Zap2It.


“She said she dug it and was excited to come on board…and then a crazy thing happened on Saturday – I saw something on the Internet that made me never want to see her again.”


The film, titled “Don’t Talk to Irene,” centers on 16-year old who dreams of being a cheerleader but who is bullied for being fat.


So, yeah. It’s not hard to see why Arbour didn’t make sense for the project.


“I’m gay, I was bullied a lot as a kid,” Mills adds.


“I’m no stranger to ridicule and loneliness. [Her video] is an unfunny and cruel fat-shaming video that guises itself about being about ‘health.’ It’s fat phobic and awful…I was so upset I was shaking.”


That pretty much says it all, doesn’t it?