Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Amy Duggar: Josh Duggar Is a "Fraud" and "Complete Stranger" To Me

Talk about a year of highs and lows.



Amy Duggar, quasi-rebellious cousin of the Duggar family, recapped a very eventful 2015 on her blog.


The newlywed (who married Dillon King in September), told readers what went through her mind the day Josh Duggar confessed to cheating on his wife, Anna.


“September was a doozie!” she wrote.  “Life was just wonderful … drum roll please…. until one of my family members made some terrible confessions.”


A few months after Josh admitted to molesting young girls in 2006, his email was included in a hacked data dump of Ashley Madison users, a site that promotes extramarital affairs.


“I knew nothing of the molestation charges, and I had no idea what the Ashley Madison site even was?” Amy went on.


“I was completely shocked just like the rest of the world; the only difference was I was being fitted for my wedding dress with tears running down my face and a glass of wine in my hand as the news broke. I wondered what the heck was going on?”


That day, Josh confessed to cheating on his wife, Anna.  After, he checked into a faith-based rehab in Illinois.


“A million questions flooded my mind,” Amy wrote.  “Rage came over me, sadness crept in, and reality sat in that the person I had known my entire life turned out to be a fraud, and a complete stranger.


“I’ve always heard that there were people in this world that lived a double life, but I never thought that someone so close to home would be living a lie. “


With a wedding to plan, Amy kept any thoughts about Josh at bay.  


When the big day finally came, Amy welcomed her extended family with open arms.


“Everyone we knew and loved attended including Anna Duggar,” Amy wrote.


“Her attendance really touched me, after all she has and still is going through she wanted to be there for our special day. I gave her a huge hug right before I walked down the aisle, prayed with her and left her and my Aunt Michelle a letter on their chairs.


“It was so special that they came to support our marriage.”