Friday, January 29, 2016

Tori Spelling Opens Way Up About Dean McDermott Cheating Scandal

Tori Spelling may now say she has the best marriage ever to Dean McDermott, but it wasn’t always that way.


Not even close.



The actress has been wide open about the infidelity that has plagued her relationship to McDermott for years, often documenting their issues on reality television.


Why has she chosen to go public with such a personal issue on programs such as True Tori?


In an extensive interview with Lena Dunham for the latter’s newsletter, Lenny Letter, Spelling explained she decided to chronicle her troubled life with McDermott because she “felt backed into a corner,” elaborating thusly:


“I didn’t have a choice. Everything about me was stripped away with one magazine cover. That was it.”


Spelling is referring to the Us Weekly cover from December 2013 that exposed McDermott as a disloyal husband.


“I always say I can replay everything that happened during that time,” she says.


“The hardest part about it was, like, ‘You’re really going to put this on the cover of the magazine three days before Christmas? It’s Christmas. It’s family.


“I know we’re in Hollywood, and I know we put a lot of ourselves out there, but really, we do this?"”



Spelling admits that she “didn’t know what to do” once the cheating bombshell blew up.


How could she go around pretending as if it didn’t happen?


“This wasn’t going away,” Tori explains.


“Everyone said, ‘This happens all the time. Look at all the A-list celebrities. They used to complain about it. Then they go on and do a big movie, and it just goes away.’ That’s not my life.


“That’s not my relationship with my fans. I’m not the type that can just go from talking about everything and then it’s like, ‘No personal questions,’ the next time I do something.”


It’s also not as if Tori Spelling is out there doing big movies that can serve as a distraction from her personal life.


Sorry. But it’s true.


How did McDermott react to Spelling pushing for a reality show?


“He was at that point where he just was at the lowest point,” she says. “He was in rehab, and he was just like, ‘I f—ed up. I’ll do whatever I have to do to maintain our relationship.”


As for what’s up next for Spelling? No new season has been ordered yet for True Tori.


And it sounds as if the former Beverly Hills, 90210 star may go to the other side of the camera the next time we hear from her.


“I don’t want to be out there talking about my life and showing my life,” she claims. “I want to be creating for other people and bringing them up the way I saw my dad do so much for so many other people.


“I haven’t been able to do that because I’m so busy having to prove myself that I have to put myself in front. I don’t want to be in front anymore. I want to be behind.”