Sunday, January 31, 2016

Vanessa Hudgens Loses Dad to Cancer, Dedicates Grease Performance to Him

Just hours before a professional milestone, Vanessa Hudgens has suffered a great personal loss:


The actress’ father, Greg Hudgens, has passed away from cancer. He was 65 years old.



The 27-year-old High School Musical alum relayed the sad news to fans and followers on Twitter Sunday morning.


“I am so sad to say that last night my daddy, Greg passed away from stage 4 cancer,” Hudgens wrote. “Thank you to everyone who kept him in your prayers.”


The star had revealed her dad’s unfortunate diagnosis last August.


“Last year, my boyfriend Austin lost his mom Lori to cancer, and my dad has just been recently diagnosed with stage four cancer,” Hudgens said at the time.


“Let me tell you, I hate cancer. I hate cancer with every cell of my being.”


Hudgens, of course, was cast as Rizzo in Fox’s live production of Grease, which airs tonight at 7/6c.


In regard to that performance, she added on social media:


“Tonight, I do the show in his honor.”


In addition to the actress, Greg Hudgens is survived by her mother and his wife, Gina Hudgens, along with Vanessa’s 20-year-old sister Stella Hudgens.


We send our condolences to Vanessa and her loved ones.