Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Amy Duggar Covers People: I Don"t Feel Guilty For Being Me!

Amy Duggar has often been referred to as “the rebellious one” in her famous family, but these days, the 29-year-old is one of the only adult Duggars who’s never found herself at the center of a scandal.


Now, as her cousins’ TV hiatus continues, Amy is coming into her own as a fan favorite, even landing the cover of this week’s People magazine:



Inside the magazine, Amy talks about her marriage to Dillon King, the ways in which her beliefs differ from those of her ultraconservative aunt and uncle, and her relationship with her own parents:


“I was born out of wedlock,” Amy says, before adding that she credits her father for making her the free spirit that she is today.


“I went to Christian school all of my life but I never really felt up to the Duggar standard.”


Amy’s mother and father divorced last year (a major no-no in Duggar land), but she remains close to both of her parents:


“I just wanted to make sure she wasn’t stifled or held back in any way,” her father, Terry Jordan tells People. “I made a concerted effort for her to be able to express and be herself.” 


Amy says that even the more conservative members of her family, such as Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, are more “accepting” than the public thinks, but adds that she’s sometimes made to feel like an outcast for her liberal views.


“I don’t feel guilty for being me,” Amy says.’


The so-called “Rebel Duggar” was tight-lipped with regard to her future plans, but you can bet she’ll be involved in the 19 Kids and Counting spinoff that’s currently filming.