Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Selena Gomez Talks Getting Over Justin Bieber, Feuding With Miley Cyrus

Selena Gomez is featured in the new issue of W magazine, and while the 23-year-old songstress is fully-clothed on the cover (in sharp contrast to her recent, racy SNL performance) her interview inside the publication may be her most revealing to date:



Selena has never been the secretive type, and she’s spoken openly about everything from her relationship troubles to her struggles with lupus, but her newest interview offers a glimpse of a more mature Selena who seems to be sharing details of her private life not so that she can get them off her chest, but so that her younger fans can learn from her example:


On her breakup with Justin Bieber“At first I didn’t care…Then I got my heart broken and I cared. Because people had no idea what was going on, but everywhere it was a million different things. I was kind of in a corner, banging my head against the wall. I didn’t know where to go.”


On feuding with Miley Cyrus: “We both liked the same guy when we were 16. It was just a Hilary Duff–Lindsay Lohan thing: ‘Oh, my God, we like the same boy!’ We are now completely settled in our own lives.”


On whether she still cares about the Biebs: “I’m so exhausted. I honestly am so done. I care about his health and well-being. But I can’t do it anymore.”


On firing her mother as her manager“I was like, ‘Mom, I gotta figure it out on my own.’  It was the kid-going-to-college moment in my mind.”


On getting her mozz stick on with Taylor Swift: “Yesss! I love Chili’s. Taylor and I eat here all the time…I had to learn to like fancy food.”


Sounds like Selena is in a pretty good place – although we feel like with her money, she could figure out a better place to chesat on her diet. Just sayin’.