Thursday, November 10, 2016

Matt Baier: Lying About His Sobriety!

Amber Portwood used to be the hottest mess on Teen Mom — and oh, what a feat that was — but ever since she got out of prison, she"s really turned her life around.


She"s been maintaining her sobriety, she"s been a good mother to her daughter, Leah.



The only issue is her gross, sketchy fiance, Matt Baier.


And with this new sneak peek from next week"s episode of Teen Mom OG, it"s looking like he"s even grosser and sketchier than we ever could have imagined.



"I did absolutely exaggerate the length of my sobriety," he reveals in a therapy session with Amber.


"Even with her when I first met her."


You slimy, slimy douchebag.


When Matt was first introduced on the show, he was supposed to be this person that had battled with addiction, just like Amber, but who had beat the odds and achieved sobriety, just like Amber.


Yeah, apparently not so much.


"He wasn"t sober when I met him," Amber explains. "And I knew it."


"And I can say that he would not have been sober if it wasn"t for me, because I took those f-cking pills, poured them down the toilet and threw it at him."


Matt laughs at the memory, and says that when it happened, he "wanted to go swimming after" the pills.


However, he claims that "That was the day my sobriety really kicked in."


"It was either her or drugs," he says. "And I wasn"t giving up her."


Well, that"s … sweet? A nice sentiment?


No, it"s just as sad and weird as everything else Matt does.


It"s great that Matt is sober these days, and if Amber inspired him to get sober, then that"s lovely, sure.



But the fact remains that his sobriety is one more thing he"s lied about, and it"s one more thing that he"s gotten Amber to lie about.


He"s shady, and Amber doesn"t need a shady character in her life. Not with how far she"s come.


To her credit though, Amber says in the clip that when she first got with Matt, "I said, "you will not be with me if you"re doing this sh-t." He made the decision."


"I can"t be with someone who"s using," she exclaims.


… But if she was in a position to flush his pills down the toilet, it sounds like she was with someone who was using, right?


As illogical and concerning and disappointing as it may be, Amber is still planning on marrying Matt.


"I love Matt because I knew his potential when I met him," she explains. "He was such a good person, he was so sweet."


"It was genuine. I can usually tell when somebody"s bullsh-tting me."


"He"s done so much in his life that people won"t let him move forward," she adds, "and I"ll let him move forward."


And yeah, that"s great, but she shouldn"t "let him move forward" at the risk of her own health and happiness.


If he wasn"t sober when they met, and if he lied to her about how many kids he has, and if he made her think he was genuine when he was trying to get with Farrah Abraham and Jenelle Evans, then he"s just not a good dude for her.


And no amount of these confessions or revelations or whatever is going to change that.



 


Matt baier on his sobriety
ReadMore…