Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Lil Wayne: Black Lives Matter is Some Dumb Sh-t!

Despite the fact that he makes a living off his words, it seems Lil Wayne doesn’t always think before he speaks.


The rapper is in some hot water today after comments he made in an interview that aired last night on ABC’s Nightline.


Asked about the Black Lives Matter by correspondent Lindsey Davis, Weezy seemed perplexed at first – and then downright hostile toward the movement’s supporters:



“What is it? What — what do you mean?” Wayne asked, seemingly indicating that he wasn’t familiar with BLM.


Following a brief explanation from Davis, the rapper replied.


“That just sounds weird, I don’t know that you put a name on — it’s not a name; it’s not ‘whatever, whatever."” 


“It’s somebody got shot by a policeman for a f–ked up reason.”


Wayne seems to be indicating that a matter as important as police violence targeted at people of color shouldn’t need a branded movement, but he didn’t do a great job of supporting his argument.



“I am a young, black, rich motherf–ker,” he boasted.


“If that don’t let you know that America understand black motherf–king lives matter these days, I don’t know what it is.”


We’re willing to bet that the millions of POCs who aren’t wealthy and/or have been victimized by police brutality might feel differently.


“I don’t feel connected to a damn thing that ain’t got nothin’ to do with me. If you do, you crazy as s–t,” Wayne reiterated.



“Feeling connected to something that ain’t got nothin’ to do with you?  Wayne continued.


“If it ain’t got nothin’ to do with me, I ain’t connected to it.”


He went on to confusingly claim that that fact that white people work as camera operators is sufficient proof that racism is dead … or something:


“That man white,” Wayne said, indicating a cameraman. “He filmin’ me. I’m a n–ger.


“I don’t know what you mean. Don’t come at me with that dumb s–t, ma’am.”



He concluded:


“My life matter. Especially to my bitches.”


Ya know, you can care about your own individual life, and the lives of your bitches, and still make concern yourself with the lives of people you’ve never met.


In fairness, Wayne has spoken out in favor of BLM while addressing crowds on stage.



So maybe he was just confused by the question?


We don’t know, but the guy drinks a lot of sizzurp, so anything is possible.


ReadMore…