Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Miley Cyrus Bursts Into Tears Over Donald Trump Presidency

Miley Cyrus did not casually take to Twitter last night and express her shock and/or dismay over Donald Trump being elected President of the United States.


No. 


This was too big of a deal for a simple Tweet. It required far more of a reaction than 140 characters and some kind of hashtag.



Instead, Cyrus shared the above photo of herself and her dog and wrote as a caption:


Go to my Facebook to see a video of my reaction & reflection on last nights election …. If we want Donald Trump to accept us …. We must be accepting towards his presidency & his promise to “unify” our country and “make America great” ….


I leave out the “again” because this country has never been able to live up to its full potential because we’ve been putting up our own divided walls between each other. We don’t need Trump to do that for us….


So WE must take a hammer to the bricks WE built up and be more LOVING and compassionate towards all living things! (including the planet)


(p.s. Mr. Elected president….. Global warming IS real. ACCEPT THAT)


Cue the video!



In a dimly lit room, tears streaming down her cheeks, the artist barely even knew what to do or say in response to the Trump victory.


“So, probably like most people – well, maybe not, because given the result -maybe I really am different and maybe a lot of people that I’m surrounded by think with open minds and open hearts like I do.


“And I do want to say that I’ve been very vocal for my support for everyone besides Donald Trump. Heavily supported Bernie. Heavily supported Hillary.


“And I still think that in her lifetime she deserves to be the first female president, and that’s what makes me so sad.”



Miley went on:


“I just wish that she had that opportunity. because she fought for so long and because I believe her when she says that she loves this country. This is all she’s ever done.


“She’s given her life to make it better.


“But, like Donald Trump so ironically played after his speech, it said, ‘You can’t always get what you want.’ And happy hippies, we adjust and we accept everyone for who they are. And so Donald Trump, I accept you.


“And this hurts to say, but I even accept you as the President of the United States, and that’s fine…because I think now I want to be hopeful.”


This is a similar message to the one Hillary Clinton gave in her concession speech and the one President Obama gave soon after.


“The day after, we have to remember that we are actually all on one team. This is an intramural scrimmage,” Obama said on the White House lawn this afternoon.


“We’re patriots first. We all want what’s best for this country. That’s what I heard in Mr. Trump’s remarks last night. That’s what I heard when I spoke to him directly. And I was heartened by that.”


Will Trump maintain the composure and humble attitude that he displayed in the following acceptance speech once he becomes President?



Or will he return to messages of hate and divisiveness?


It’s frightening, but it’s true: the world will find out very soon.


ReadMore…