Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Janelle Monae Encourages Global Sex Strike, Believes "Respect" for "The Vagina" Has Been Lost

Janelle Monae has a way with words.


But, if it were up to the singer and actress, no man on the planet would have his way with the body of any woman until society undergoes some much-needed changes.



In a cover story of this month’s issue of Marie Claire, the Hidden Figures star makes quite the bold statement:


She encourages those who share her gender to withhold their most private part from members of the opposite gender as a form of protest.


“People have to start respecting the vagina,” Monae told Marie Claire, explaining:


“Until every man is fighting for our rights, we should consider stopping having sex. I love men. But evil men? I will not tolerate that. You don’t deserve to be in my presence.”


This would explain why Melania Trump has not slept with Donald Trump in about a decade.


In all seriousness, however, this idea may sound ludicrous.


But if ALL women around the globe really did agree to close their legs for ALL men… you just know there would be equal pay laws on every book in about two-and-a-half days.



Monae acknowledges the facts.


She talks openly about the lack of female leadership around the country.


She figures that if voters won’t put a woman in the White House, for example, then women themselves need to take their own kind of unique stance in order to demand change.


“If you’re going to own this world and this is how you’re going to rule this world, I am not going to contribute anymore until you change it,” she says, addressing men in power and adding:


“We have to realize our power and our magic. Because I am all about black-girl magic, even though I’m standing with all women. But this year?


“This year, I am so carefree black girl.”



Monae also elaborated on what “sexy” means in her view, stressing the significance of embracing one’s individuality.


“Women automatically are told that this is how you should look. This is how you should get a man. This is how you should get a woman,” she told the magazine.


“You need to fit into all these boxes to be accepted. I don’t subscribe to that way of thinking. I don’t think we all have to take the same coordinates to reach the same destination.


“I believe in embracing what makes you unique even if it makes others uncomfortable.”


Amen, right?!?


In closing, the actress reminded readers just how important it is to stay true to themselves.


“I believe in embracing what makes you unique even if it makes others uncomfortable. I have learned there is power in saying no. I have agency. I get to decide.”


And, if it’s up to Monae, men won’t get to decide on the next time they have sex until they take a long, hard look in the mirror and realize:


I’ll never get long and hard in bed again unless I do some things differently!


ReadMore…