Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Phaedra Parks Breaks Silence, Reacts to The Real Housewives of Atlanta Firing

Phaedra Parks is ready to move on.


The reality star has no real say in the matter, of course, having been fired as a cast member on The Real Housewives of Atlanta this week.



The bombshell was dropped on fans of the franchise yesterday, following a fiery fourth installment of the show’s ninth season reunion special on Sunday evening.


During the taping, Parks confessed to telling Porsha Williams that Kandi Burruss and Burruss’ husband, Todd Tucker, had planned on drugging Williams and taking her back to their place for some sex.


Did she base this wild accusation on something Burruss and Tucker actually told her, as she previously claimed?


Did she pass it along to Williams based on first-hand information?


No, Parks finally admitted at the reunion.


“I repeated it because I heard it,” Parks explained. “Something was brought to me. I just repeated it. I repeated what someone told me. I’m not saying I didn’t say it. I’m saying I repeated it.”


That’s a pretty fine line.


And, even for a Real Housewives storyline, it’s also a pretty insane topic to broach.



As Kandi cried and insisted that Phaedra essentially accused her of rape, other cast members at the reunion sat in shock.


Kenya Moore couldn’t believe that Parks could make such a reveal and then remain stone-faced, while Porsha fought back tears and replied:


“Oh, Phaedra, that’s awful. Oh God, that’s so awful. I swear to God, Kandi, I would never ever say something like that to you if it wasn’t told to me in truth and confidence.”


Parks did end up muttering an apology on set, acknowledging that she “shouldn’t have repeated it.”


But Williams wasn’t having it.


“I feel betrayed … and completely taken advantage of,” she said, adding on stage:


“[Our friendship] was a lie and I was the pawn used to hurt Kandi. I don’t know if I’ll be able to move past this.”


In the end, producers weren’t able to move past the rape allegations; according to TMZ, they gave Parks her walking papers shortly after this explosive reunion special aired on Bravo.


You can use the video below to watch The Real Housewives of Atlanta online and see this utter craziness go down:



How is Parks feeling about the ordeal?


What does she have planned next?


We can’t say for certain, but the controversial star shared the following message on Instagram in the wake of this scandal.


“New day, new week! Have a magnificent #Monday! #letsgo,” Parks  wrote alongside the poster below, which read: “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.”




Parks tweet


In other words:


The past is the past and Parks is ready to see what the future has in store for her.


Toward the end of the reunion, host Andy Cohen put Parks in her place, telling her directly:


“You got caught in a megawatt lie. I don’t know that you’ve completely copped to it.”


She apologized again at this point, adding: “I’m sorry that it hurt Kandi as well.”


Speaking later to Us Weekly, Cohen expressed surprise that Parks was so calm about the incident. She didn’t express much remorse or emotion on stage.


“She seemed kind of withdrawn about it,” Cohen told the tabloid.



The Watch What Happens Live also said he’s “spoken a few times” with Parks since the reunion taping, but “I don’t get the sense that she has [talked to the other Housewives].”


This is not shocking.


As for whether she can repair her friendships, Cohen has his doubts.


“It seems a little precarious,” he says.


We agree.


Once you accuse a friend of planning to drug and rape another friend, there’s almost never any going back from that.


ReadMore…