Tuesday, July 24, 2018

The Real Housewives of Orange County Season 13 Episode 2 Recap: Vicki Gunvalson Did WHAT?

Battle lines were drawn on The Real Housewives of Orange County Season 13 Episode 2, and we’re surprised to report that Kelly Dodd and Vicki Gunvalson are officially on the outs. 


No, we’re not talking about one of them getting mad about not being invited out for some cocktails. In fact, Kelly threw Vicki out of her house at one point during this hour. It was wild, so let’s get to it. 


Vicki was the woman who helped set up Kelly’s ex-husband, Michael Dodd with his current girlfriend. As if that was not bad enough, Vicki had even indulged in double dates with the new couple. 




If you watch The Real Housewives of Orange County online, you know that Kelly and Vicki have been like two peas in a pod since laying eyes on each other a few years back. 


So, this is a pretty big deal. Vicki went behind her BFFs back and failed to tell her about it. That’s pretty low, but is that not what Vicki has done since the show debuted? 


Even after all these years, it’s hard to imagine her changing her ways. Despite being back in good graces with Tamra Judge and Shannon Beador, Vicki needed a storyline to remain relevant. 


“Kelly’s dating, she’s fine,” Gunvalson said defending herself when the truth came out.



“She said [to Michael], ‘I want you to find somebody else. I want you to date.’ … The fact is, he’s moving on. And if I’ve got some single girlfriends who want to meet her ex-husband, so what? It has nothing to do with Kelly. She’s the one who dumped him!”


“You’re my friend,” Kelly told Vicki. “I’m getting all these text messages and everything that you hooked up Michael, and you didn’t tell me? … You’ve gone out with them a couple times? And you never told me? Why would you not tell me?”


But Vicki was not ready to accept that she was the one who set them up. Yes, OG Vicki is back. 


“I had a BBQ four months ago. My friend was there, and he was there. And I didn’t hook up anybody,” she explained. “They communicated afterward and I was out. I didn’t know where it was going and it was none of my business.”



“I thought he would tell you. It’s his responsibility to tell you,” Gunvalson said of Michael. “Don’t blame me. You take that up with Michael.”


Um, what? 


Are best friends not supposed to communicate about, like, everything? 


Vicki then uttered her stupidest come back yet:


“I’m not telling you. I’m not going to tell you. I’m never going to tell you. … It is not my fault that your husband is dating somebody. I care so much about you that I didn’t tell you.”



“Are you kidding me? Anybody would say that’s f—– up. Anybody would say,” Kelly yelled upon hearing this sub-par excuse. 


“That breaks my heart. That actually breaks my heart,” she said. “You tell me that you’re friends with them? You’ve gone on double dates? That’s wrong.”


Hurricane Gunvalson then shocked Kelly to the very core. 


“Oh Kelly, don’t make this drama about you. You don’t love your husband. He’s dating somebody else. So what?”


“You want to do stuff with drama? I’m out! You want to do drama because Steve and Michael said let’s go out to dinner?” she continued, before screaming.



“You are causing problems where there doesn’t need to be any. Stop it. Stop it. Who cares who he goes out with!”


“Obviously you are not my friend. You know what, I don’t roll with girls like that,” Kelly barked back while fighting tears.


“You know what, Vicki, why don’t you just leave. You know, you’re just not my friend. That’s it. You’re not my friend. … I’m just; I’m done with you.


“I didn’t hook him up. Kelly, you’re out of line,” Vicki yelled as she got ready to leave.


“I’m out. I don’t get talked to like that. F— her.”



“I think Kelly’s overreacting,” she told viewers. “I think Kelly’s still in love with Michael.”


Yes, Vicki Gunvalson is once again, at the center of the drama. It only took two episodes. 


While Vicki was burning bridges with Kelly, she was trying to get back in Eddie’s good books. You know the man she claimed was gay. 


She started this off by sending some food to the house after his surgery, before showing up uninvited to try and help him build a bridge to get over it. 


Eddie accepted, and they moved on from this needless drama. Go figure. 



The rest of the episode was subdued, but we got to meet Gina Kirschenheiter aka the one who just divorced her husband!


If we did not already know about the parting of ways, we would probably have had suspicions after Gina’s entrance. 


We got to see her home life, her kids, but nothing of her husband, Matt. All of the wedding pictures showed nothing of him, but much of Gina. 


We learned that he lived in Los Angeles through the week and returned home at the weekend. That’s hella odd, but could that have played a part in the relationship breaking down?



We have no idea, but we’ll surely find out. 


What are your thoughts on this latest episode? Hit the comments. 


RHOC continues Monday on Bravo. 



ReadMore…