Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Real Housewives of Orange County Season 13 Episode 5 Recap: Orange County Hold "Em

Shannon Beador has been through the mill of late. 


On The Real Housewives of Orange County Season 13 Episode 5, she opened up to both viewers and Kelly Dodd about what it was like to end her 17-year marriage to David. 


“I want to have a partner … [but] I don’t know if I’m ready,” she said as she contemplated the future. 



Beador went on to confirm that she’s still struggling with her body. 


“I think that part of the reason why I can’t imagine myself with somebody or dating somebody is because I’m not comfortable in my body,” she told fellow Housewife Kelly Dodd, tearing up.


“If I were to take my clothes off, I don’t want to see it, so I don’t want somebody else to see it.”


“I know I’m a good catch, but it’s hard for me to say,” she added.


“I was just told for all these years that I’m selfish and I’m worthless, and I’m fat. I know I’m not, but when you hear it for so long…”


As for Dodd, she was facing similar battles because she recently got divorced, and that’s likely why these two women are so close now. 



“I’ve heard all of those things for so long too, Shannon,” she said to her friend. 


“There’s not days I don’t cry or [feel] depressed. I’m lonely. I don’t have anybody having my back. It’s sad. I want somebody that’s there for me.”


“It looks like I go out and have a good time with guys, but the reality is, I just got out of a 13-year marriage, and I am not used to being alone,” Dodd said in a confessional. 


“Kelly and I have gone through hell and back,” Beador said.


“Who would have thought that I’d be sitting, having a nice conversation. And her supporting me, shows you how you can evolve.”



“The best and right thing is happening for the both of us,” she said.


“I’m just grateful we’ve reached the point in our relationship where we totally understand each other. You have such a big heart, and I’m really grateful that we’re at this place.”


“I’m grateful to you too. I mean, who knew?” said a shocked Kelly. 


While that particular friendship was flourishing, there was still beef between Vicki and Kelly. If you watch The Real Housewives of Orange County online, you know that Kelly was mad Vicki and her boyfriend was going on double dates with her ex-husband.


Tamra and Shannon tried to play the peacemakers at Emily’s party, but it was clear the rift was growing between them. 



Poor Emily didn’t know what she was getting herself into when she invited them over to the party. The odd thing about Emily is that she doesn’t seem like a real housewife. 


It’s almost like the producers thought throwing her in would shake things up and add a new dynamic. Instead, her scenes are really difficult to get through. 


As for Tamra, she was still trying to find the balance between looking after her husband, Eddie, and keeping all of the women from ripping each other apart. 


Eddie’s still not better, and the doctor is determined to give him a drug that will essentially stop his heart and then he will be shocked back to life. 



It’s a horrifying reality and one that anyone would be terrified of it. The most surprising aspect is that he’s allowing it all to be filmed in front of the cameras. 


Maybe this is more about raising awareness than being a storyline for a Bravo reality series. 


The Real Housewives of Orange County Season 13 has been somewhat subdued. There have been many arguments, but they all seem to center on the same thing, and that’s problematic. 


We need the OG of the OC to bring the drama back!


What are your thoughts on the new episode?


The Real Housewives of Orange County continues Mondays on Bravo. 



ReadMore…