Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Selena Gomez: I Am DONE Talking About Justin Bieber!

Selena Gomez is trying to be polite.


Selena Gomez doesn’t want to be rude.



Selena Gomez would like just to say something to all journalists and, really, all people around the world. And here it is:


STOP ASKING ME ABOUT JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!!


The singer, who is quite successful in her own right, opened the new year by sitting down for an interview with Rolling Stone.


Among many other questions, the publication asked Selena about time time just a few weeks ago when Bieber serenaded her in a Beverly Hills hotel lobby.


What is happening there, and what is it like to have the world see that, the magazine wanted to know.


“Well, I am sorry, first of all,” Gomez replied. “And honestly, what I would love to be printed is that I am so beyond done with talking about that, and him.”


Ouch. Well okay then.


It’s not hard to understand why Selena would have this attitude.


She has been associated with Bieber for years now, despite having established her own fan base, despite having an impressive professional resume herself… and despite the fact that she hasn’t actually dated Bieber for a very long time.


Because the serenade referenced above took place shortly before the American Music Awards in November, Rolling Stone wanted to know if performing at that event was “hard” for Gomez.


“Not at all,” she said.


“I don’t alter my life because of what people are going to talk about. If I go and have a great time, I live my life and nothing is going to dictate how I feel unless I let it.”



Bieber, of course, shared a photo of him kissing Hailey Baldwin just a few days ago.


There’s clearly something going on between the singer and the daughter of Stephen Baldwin.


But it doesn’t appear as if the relationship is bother Selena very much, considering that she rang in the new year by hanging out with friends and by posing in a bikini.


Might this have been a message for Bieber? A way to show him what he’s missing? Perhaps.


It also may have just been an example of Gomez having a good time, though. Not everything she does or says it related to Justin Bieber, folks. 


Not anymore.