Thursday, November 24, 2016

Lena Dunham NOT Moving To Canada: I Was Joking!

Before Donald Trump was elected President of the United States, a string of celebrities made it pretty clear they would flee to Canada if the unthinkable happened. 


As you are probably already aware, the unthinkable happened, but did any of the celebrities stick to their plan to move to Canada?



One celebrity who is not sticking to their original plan is Lena Dunham. Lena was very vocal about her intentions to bid adieu to her home country, but it appears that she is staying put


Dunham took to Instagram to life the lid on her reasons for staying and they may well surprise you. 


“Today I received a letter (yes, on paper) that read “don’t let the door hit you on the ass when you cross the border into Canada,” the Girls star wrote.



“This is actually on of the more polite notes I’ve gotten recently, and I’ll survive it just fine.”


“And you know what else I’ve realized I can survive, as a Jewish pro-choice sexual assault survivor with a queer family member and a belief that we are all exactly & beautifully equal? I can survive staying in this country, MY country, to flight and love and use my embarrassment of blessings to do what’s right.”




Lena Dunham Is Not Leaving The USA!



“It’s easy to joke about moving to Canada. It’s harder to see, and to love, the people who fill your mailbox with hate. It’s harder to see what needs to be done and do it it. It’s harder to live, fully and painfully aware of the injustice surrounding us, to cherish and fear your country all at once. But I’m willing to try. Will you try with me?”


Now, you may be thinking that this is a complete 180 from what she was saying previously. 


“I know a lovely place in Vancouver, and I can get my work done from there,” she told The Hollywood Reporter.


“I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will”.



It is VERY easy to say things in the heat of the moment, but passing them of as a joke is pretty damn crazy. We get that she probably thought there was no chance in hell of Trump being elected President. 


Heck, we’re still shocked at the result. It’s not often a reality TV star becomes President. 



Either way, Lena is staying the United States of America. 


What do you think about all of this?


Sound off below!



ReadMore…