Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Sheila Downs and Nate Duhon: Married at First Sight Couple Split Amidst Cheating Accusations

It’s all over for Sheila Downs and Nate Duhon.


The Married at First Sight couple has confirmed via social media that they are getting a divorce.



But they aren’t doing so in amicable fashion.


Having gotten married (at first sight, no less) on Season 5 of this controversial reality show, clear trouble for Downs and Duhon was afoot a few weeks ago when the former Tweeted:


“Just got a call from the woman who’s been sleeping with my husband…the same woman who he called on the honeymoon.”


She later Tweeted a follower:


“He admitted it.”


YIKES, huh?


We’d file for divorce under that circumstance if we were Sheila, too.




downs tweets


However, Duhon disputes this account.


On Sunday, he denied that his wandering penis played any role in the break-up, while also denying said penis wandered into any other woman’s vagina.


“Prior to any statements made about me, we were no longer living together and I already filed for divorce,” he wrote, adding:


“This was known to both parties, my lawyer, and the lawyer for the show.


“The reason that led me to file for divorce from Ms. Downs was thoroughly understood by all parties as well.”




duhon note


Simply put, he claims:


Infidelity was not a reason, nor did I ever admit such a thing. Thank you to those of you who have shown support throughout this tough time.


On the fifth season finale of this Lifetime series, Duhon expressed his doubts about the romance, while the newlyweds got into an explosive fight.


As you can see, not much has changed between them over time.




Sheila Downs and Nate Duhon kiss


Following Duhon’s denial, Downs tried to get the last word late on Sunday.


“I see that instead of finally operating in integrity, [Nate] chose to continue to lie,” she wrote on Instagram.


But this wasn’t all.


Buckle in for a lengthy post in her own defense…


My husband & I had problems. Yes. He was dishonest and there were women throughout our ENTIRE marriage.


Admittedly, I didn’t know how to handle that; and as you saw on the show, I handled it poorly at times.


I’m not proud of that, but I am extremely proud of the woman who acknowledges that and has made a conscious effort to change the things I didn’t like. When I got married, I meant FOREVER.


I unfortunately was the only one. If you watch the show back, my meltdown on the balcony was because Nathan said that he wanted a divorce.


That was the first of probably 40+ times.


And then came the women and the nights he would ignore my calls, block my number, engage in illicit activities, or not come home at all. On the cruise, we were intimate.


We admittedly had problems, but I was fighting for my marriage only to have a woman who had reached out to me before call me AGAIN with receipts..


Now had my husband already begun living a single life?? Absolutely!



On Twitter, meanwhile, Downs had even more to say about the situation:


It’s really pathetic how far Nate is going to try to save face.


I’m many things, but I am NOT a liar.


I stayed in my marriage BC of my COVENANT WITH GOD. Nate cried & told me he wasn’t ready & I deserved better almost a year ago.


I should’ve let him go then..& for real the worst thing you can say is that we had 4 counselors??


That is correct we went to 1 ONCE who just wasn’t a fit, 1 was a hardcore fan of the show (kinda a problem), one was nice as can be but a space cadet, & then we found the one!


Neeeext!


We aren’t taking sides here.


And cheating is always wrong.


But we are curious how God feels about His covenant with you when it gets finalized on a reality TV show after you literally just met the man you’re marrying.


We. Are. Just. Sayin.



ReadMore…