Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Roseanne Barr Breaks Silence on Sitcom Cancelation, Tweets Up a Storm Once Again

Less than 24 hours after claiming she was leaving Twitter, Roseanne Barr has returned to Twitter.


This time, however, the controversial comedian has fewer racist “jokes” to make at the expense of African-Americans.



On Tuesday morning, Roseanne wrote that former Barack Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett was what would happen if the “Muslim brotherhood [and] planet of the apes had a baby.”


The actress eventually deleted this horrible insult, but not before it spread around the Internet and ABC reacted by canceling her sitcom.


In a statement, ABC Presidence Channing Dungey said that the huge ratings for Season 10 of the rebooted series no longer warranted a Season 11, not when the show’s star had expressed such inappropriate views.


“Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,” said Dungey.


This network decision has been applauded all non-racists around the globe.



Roseanne, meanwhile, issued an apology shortly after garnering an extreme amount of backlash online, Tweeting:


I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me – my joke as in bad taste.


Few folks are forgiving Barr, however, considering her history of being an awful person.


Now, in the wake of this controversy, Roseanne has walked back her claim that she was leaving social media and commented at length on her show’s cancelation.


“Don’t feel sorry for me, guys!!-I just want to apologize to the hundreds of people,and wonderful writers (all liberal) and talented actors who lost their jobs on my show due to my stupid tweet,” Barr wrote, adding:


“I will be on Joe Rogan’s podcast friday.”


She was far from done, however.


“I did something unforgiveable so do not defend me,” she added, prior to making an excuse for her racism:


“It was 2 in the morning and I was ambien tweeting-it was memorial day too-i went 2 far & do not want it defended-it was egregious Indefensible [sic].


“I made a mistake I wish I hadn’t but…don’t defend it please.”



Aside from the lame ambien defense, this may sound all well and good to some.


Roseanne is clearly sorry, right?


Except she has since re-Tweeted a large number of Conversative voices who have, indeed, defended her position and her opinions and think this is yet another Liberal conspiracy.


To wit:




Roseanne Barr RTs


In a now-deleted tweet, Barr also wrote an apology to Jarrett once again, addressing President Obama’s close friend as follows:


“@ValerieJarrett I want to apologize to you. I am very sorry to have hurt you. I hope you can accept this sincere apology!”


Jarrett, meanwhile, has mostly taken the high road in response to her name randomly and terribly being bantered about in this fashion.


“I think we have to turn it into a teaching moment,” she said yesterday in response, adding that Roseanne’s remarks reflect a greater issue in society than her hurt feeling:


“I’m fine. I’m worried about all the people out there who don’t have a circle of friends and followers who come right to their defense.


“The person who is walking down the street minding their own business and they see somebody cling to their purse, or run across the street, or every black parent I know who has a boy who has to sit down and have a conversation — the talk — as we call it.


“As you say, those ordinary examples of racism that happen every single day.”




barr stuff


But back to Barr:


In a series of other Tweets she has since erased, Barr repeats the stance of one follower who thinks ABC is acting in a hypocritical manner.


“I’m calling on @ABCNetwork @Disney to uphold their “standards” by firing @JoyVBehar for calling Christians mentally ill,” this person (and Roseanne) wrote.


“You can’t treat @therealroseanne one way because she supports @realDonaldTrump & allow Joy Behar to remain employed. #BoycottABC #StandWithRoseanne #Roseanne.”


But then after this, Roseanne said:


Please don’t start all of that boycott abc stuff-I’m not a censor and they have the right to do what they wish. It’ all ok. thanks tho guys.



Roseanne was the number-one scripted series of last season with a 6.4 rating among 18-49-year olds, according to The Hollywood Reporter.


The Wrap reports that Paramount Network, TV Land and CMT have pulled all reruns of the series.


Based on her Twitter spree last night, it’s very possible that Roseanne really was on ambien when she originally Tweeted about Jarrett and was also on ambien in these rambling responses to the scandal.


But plenty of celebrities take sleeping pills and/or other types of medication.


It says something about Roseanne’s personal beliefs that when she does so, this filth comes out of her virtual mouth.



ReadMore…