Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Catelynn Lowell Opens Up About Postpartum Depression in Candid Interview

If you watch Teen Mom online, you know that Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra may well be the most stable couple and the most competent parents in the history of the franchise.


Naturally, this doesn’t mean that their lives are perfect.



In a new interview with Life & Style, Catelynn discusses her battle with postpartum depression in a remarkably candid interview.


The 23-year-old says she’s been struggling ever since giving birth to daughter Novalee in January of 2015.


“I didn’t really know and I still don’t know what’s going on with my postpartum,” she tells the tabloid. “For a while I felt fine, but I’ve always suffered from depression, anxiety and panic attacks.”


While Lowell laments that doctors have been unable to help her, she praises her husband, Baltierra, for standing by her side and helping to keep her symptoms at bay.


“Tyler is my backbone and helps me a lot,” Catelynn says. “He pushes me and will make me do things like go for a walk so [the depression] goes away.”


Catelynn says she’s optimistic for the future, but is well aware that it may be quite some time before she’s able to a more stable emotional state.


“It’s a daily struggle,” Lowell concludes.


Fortunately, she’s Catelynn seems to have a strong support network to help her through this difficult time.