Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Demi Lovato: I Used to Snort Cocaine ALL THE TIME!

Is there a more open and honest celebrity on the planet than Demi Lovato?


We’ll save you the trouble of racking your brain too hard…



The answer is no.


There is no more open and honest celebrity on the planet than Demi Lovato.


The singer spent several weeks in rehab toward the end of 2010 and has since made it her mission to help those who suffer from substance abuse or eating disorders or self-confidence problems.


Really, anything she dealt with back in the day.


As recently as this month, Lovato acknowledged that she’s bipolar.


Now, in a wide-ranging and revealing interview with Refinery 29, the singer opens up even more about her past.


Simply put, “I was a nightmare to work with,” the 23-year-old admits of her teenage years.


Indeed, while the public saw a sweet Disney persona after Lovato starred in Camp Rock, Lovato was cutting herself behind the scenes and throwing up after every meal.


At her lowest, Lovato admits, she “couldn’t go an hour without using cocaine.” 


Wow.


Yes, her family tried to intervene. But she wasn’t having it.


“‘Try to ground me – I pay your bills,"” Demi recalled telling her loved ones, adding:


“Prior to getting sober, I was one of those people who was like, I don’t give a f–k, whatever. And I used that as an excuse to do whatever I wanted.”



Finally, after punching a backup dancer, Lovato was faced with an intervention and convinced to enter rehab.


She stayed there for three months and it sounds as if she fell off the wagon a few times upon leaving.


Lovato confesses that she had to learn that she couldn’t attend parties afterward because they would serve as a “trigger” to her inner demons.


“I still have more things to prove – not just about the things I can do with my voice,” she says. “Some people think that because I’m young, I can’t stay sober. But these are things I want to prove to myself.”


It’s clear Lovato has come a very long way.


At one low point in time, she hated herself.


Now, when asked by Refinery 29 who she wants to be when she grows up, consider her response:


That’s easy. Me.