Friday, March 3, 2017

Jenelle Evans Fires Back at Fans Over Negligent Parenting Claims

Every cast member on Teen Mom 2 has been on the receiving end of some harsh criticism from fans.


But perhaps no one has taken as much flak (or clapped back as savagely) as Jenelle Evans.


In the past, Jenelle, like her co-stars, has blamed MTV editors for her plight, complaining that TM2 producers go out of their way to make her look like a negligent and unfit mother.



In some cases, however, Jenelle can’t point the finger at the show, as fans often draw their conclusions from the information that she provides about her personal life.


Like the rest of the moms, Jenelle is something of a social media junkie.


Unlike the other ladies, however, Jenelle has an arrest record a mile long, a history of violent behavior, and her mother has custody of her eldest son.


Needless to say, she makes for an easy target, and her tendency to over-share on Instagram, on Twitter, and in interviews doesn’t do much to help her case.


Her latest conflict with fans started last week, when Jenelle announced that she would be appearing on the Teen Mom 2 live after-show. 



The scheduled appearance required her to travel to Los Angeles, which wouldn’t be a big deal, were it not for the fact that Jenelle just gave birth to her third child in January.


Jenelle was slammed by fans for leaving her daughter (who was then just a month old) in order to fly across the country for a television show.


To make matters worse, Jenelle missed her appearance and decided to stay in LA an extra week to appear on this Monday’s episode of the after-show.


Needless to say, the decision didn’t sit well with fans, many of whom speculated that Jenelle missed Monday’s show because she’d lapsed back into substance abuse.



Now, in a new interview with Radar Online, Jenelle is explaining herself in a way that probably won’t satisfy her many haters:


“I didn’t want to come on this trip to LA, but I had to because of work,” Evans tells the site.


“I put up a big fight for a week and they told me it was a huge deal for me to go. The producer was even calling my phone asking me to go.”


She added:


“After finding out I could have stayed home like Chelsea [Houska], I have changed my flight instead of staying for this upcoming live show. MTV has still asked me to stay, but I told them I’m leaving no matter what I’m told.”



Not surprisingly, the explanation didn’t win Jenelle many converts especially after Chelsea Houska contradicted Evans and pointed out that MTV would never force a new mom to travel against her will.


“I’m sure MTV would FORCE a 5-week postpartum mom to do an after show,” tweeted one user.


“I hear Jenelle is staying in Cali until the next after show… 10 consecutive days away from baby. That baby doesn’t know her,” commented another.


Gonna be tough for Jenelle to blame this one on editing.



ReadMore…