Saturday, August 5, 2017

Hilary Duff: Kiss My Ass, Body Shamers!

Hilary Duff is one of those celebrities who is usually pretty great, but you never really get a chance to think about it because she’s not a gigantic star or a gigantic mess.


She’s adorable, talented, she brought so much joy to our childhoods with her remarkable work as Lizzie McGuire … what’s not to love?



Amazingly, it turns out that there’s more to love than we ever even imagined.


See, Hilary has always been beautiful, and for the past little while it seems like she’s been getting a little thicker, too.


She looks absolutely gorgeous, with or without the extra little bit of weight — make no mistake, she’s lovely no matter what.


But the point is that people have been noticing her changing appearance, which means that chances are she’s been noticing the kinds of comments her new look has been getting, too.


And while it seems like she’s fine with all the “damn, girl, you thicker than a bowl of oatmeal” comments, she’s got no time for the body shamers.


Last night, she shared this photo on Instagram:



That’s Hilary on vacation with her son, Luca, wearing a cute swimsuit and looking cute in general.


But the message she shared along with the photo … that’s where the magic is.


“I am posting this on behalf of young girls, women, and mothers of all ages,” she began.


“I’m enjoying a vacation with my son after a long season of shooting and being away from him for weeks at a time over those months.”


She wrote that “Since websites and magazines love to share ‘celeb flaws’ — well I have them!”



“My body has given me the greatest gift of my life: Luca, 5 years ago. I’m turning 30 in September and my body is healthy and gets me where I need to go.”


“Ladies, let’s be proud of what we’ve got and stop wasting precious time in the day wishing we were different, better, and unflawed,” she urged.


To her critics, she wrote “You guys (you know who you are!) already know how to ruin a good time, and now you are body shamers as well.”


And, to end her incredible tirade, she added the hashtag “Kiss my ass.”


See what we mean about how amazing she is?



ReadMore…