Monday, January 18, 2016

Rowan Blanchard, Girl Meets World Star, Comes Out as "Queer"

Rowan Blanchard has become a household name due to her starring role on Girl Meets World.


But the young Disney Channel address made headlines over the weekend for admitting she’s a girl… who is open to all the world has to offer.



“In my life – only ever liked boys,” the 14-year-old Tweeted on January 16.


“However I personally don’t wanna label myself as straight, gay or whateva so I am not gonna give myself labels to stick with – just existing.”


The admirable star then elaborated when a follower questioned her statement, writing that she is “open to liking any gender in future,” and that “is why I identify as queer.”


Blanchard, who is more mature than we’ll ever be, has also received credit of late for a piece she wrote in Rookie Magazine.


It deals with her ongoing battle with self-esteem and how she’s sick of apologizing for her emotions.



“My codependent relationship with self-blame and self-deprecation, as a means of self-defense has held me tightly since I can remember,” she wrote.


“It has felt safer and less terrifying to silence myself to a degree, than to actually engage with people, and make them take responsibility for their own actions.”


When it comes to her bisexual status, Blandchared has unfortunately been hit by a tidal wave of social media criticism.


“I thought I was being brave and was proud of myself and then everyone attacks me… Cool,” she Tweeted at one point.


But we just hope Rowan takes her own advice and follows the words of wisdom she laid out for Rookie:


“If you listen closely to the tiny voice in your head, the calm one, that is you talking.


“And if you turn up the volume on it and try to listen, it blocks all the other voices out.”