Saturday, April 23, 2016

Michelle McNamara Dies; Wife of Patton Oswalt Was 46

Michelle McNamara, the writer and founder of website True Crime Diary and the wife of Patton Oswalt, tragically passed away in her sleep at home in Los Angeles on Thursday.


She was 46.



A rep for the actor and comedian has confirmed this news to The Associated Press.


No cause of death has been given at this time.


Oswalt and McNamara got married in 2005 and welcomed a daughter named Alice in 2009.


She turned seven years old earlier this month.


McNamara was best known professionally for writing about true crime.


She was a graduate of both the University of Notre Dame (for undergrad) and University of Minnesota, where she earned a Master’s in Creative Writing).


In 2007, she started a blog titled True Crime Diary in which she wrote about old and new unsolved cases.


She told Suicide Girls at the time that the idea for this blog came from Oswalt and that “I wanted to get more involved in the cases than fueling my own curiosity.’



In the wake of this awful news, a number of celebrities have taken to Twitter to express sympathy.


“My heart goes to the Oswalt family,” wrote Elijah Wood, while Kevin Smith added:


“Oh my God, @pattonoswalt – my heart breaks for you & your family’s devastating loss. If you need any help, I’m here.”


Margaret Cho tweeted, “I LOVE YOU – I am here for you always @pattonoswalt xo” and Billy Eichner shared a similar sentiment:


“I love you @pattonoswalt. We all do.” 


Oswalt has yet to publicly address her death.


The comedian last tweeted about Prince’s passing, which also happened on April 21.


We send our prayers and thoughts to McNamara’s family, friends and loved ones.