Wednesday, May 18, 2016

High School Senior Models Prom Dress After Beyonce: See Her Flawless Look!

India Ross does not care about the identity of Becky with the Good Hair.


When it comes to Beyonce, this high school senior cares about one thing and one thing only: her awesome taste in fashion.




prom dress



Ross, a student at St. Louis’ Hazelwood West High School, has gone viral because she didn’t just wear your basic black dress to her recent prom.


Oh, no.


Instead, she modeled her gown after the dress Beyonce stunned in on the red carpet of the MET Gala in New York City last year.


As you can see above, Ross has impressively copied the sheer Givenchy Haute Couture ensemble, replete with a back cutout and a number of colorful hand-sewn crystals.


“I have my own sense of style, but Beyoncé is my inspiration,” Ross tells Us Weekly.



Ross will double-major in Fashion Business and Fashion Merchandising at Columbia College Chicago in the fall and says her prom dress required over 2,000 hand-placed crystals.


That’s dedication!


It also cost $ 800, which may sound like a lot… but consider how much Beyonce likely shelled out for a very similar looking dress.


And because people on the Internet suck, Ross has received criticism for her copying of Beyonce.


In a caption to the collage featured here, she wrote the following in response to these haters:


The Fact that people think I let ignorance ruin me Let’s make this clear I do not think I’m Beyoncé but she’s my inspiration.


I think somebody is confused on a inspiration just because she has on a #Givenchy dress don’t mean I suppose to have a million dollar dress on I still look so god damn fine in my Walmart, eBay, Michaels, cheap looking #givenchy dress #islay.


I sure hell did a good job give credit when due #crownus #blackmagic.


And your never gone find a pony NAILED as mines #prom2k16 please save all your negative comments off my page.


You tell ’em, India!



Beyonce is yet to acknowledge her biggest fan, but Ross still has a message for her idol:


“I love you Beyonce! I wish I could meet you. And by the way, can I have the real Givenchy dress? I’m sure I could slay that one, too!”