Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Courtney Stodden (Reluctantly) Confirms Pregnancy

Yes, Courtney Stodden is pregnant with her first child.


But, no, the 21-year old says she didn’t plan on revealing this news to the world just yet.



A few days after multiple outlets speculated on the status of Stodden’s womb, the reality star spoke to Us Weekly and confirmed that she and controversial husband Dough Hutchinson are expecting their first child.


They just hadn’t wanted to tell anyone yet.


“It’s a bittersweet time for me right now. I’m dealing with a lot of stress and emotions surrounding life and its ups and downs,” Stodden told the tabloid.


“Doug and I weren’t planning on going public with this so soon. I’m only four weeks along in my pregnancy. But some things are out of your control.”


The exciting news arrives as an early anniversary gift of sorts for the couple, who got married May 20, 2011… when Stodden was just 16 years old.


Hutchison is 34 years her senior.


The actor (best known for his role as Horace on Lost) who appeared alongside his bride on Couples Therapy in 2012 and the two briefly split in November of 2013.


But they got back together in August of 2014.



Back in March, while filming her part on The Mother/Daughter Experiment, Stodden made it clear that everything is now all good in her household.


“My husband and I, we’re going on our fifth wedding anniversary in May. We’re getting ready to renew our vows. I married an incredible man,” she told TMZ.


What about rumors that her mom, Krista Keller, had an inappropriate relationship with Hutchinson?


Nonsense, Courtney claimed.


“Absolutely not,” Courtney also told TMZ when asked whether anything had happened between her loved ones.


“For my mom to attempt to sabotage my life and my life choices, it’s really hurtful.”


With a child now on the way, let’s hope Stodden and her mother find a way to make amends.


Considering the mental makeup of this kid’s mother, he or she will need all the help he or she can get in life.


Congratulations, Courtney and Doug!