Saturday, May 7, 2016

Meri Brown Breaks Down to Kody Over Catfishing Scandal: I Was Angry at You!

In a preview clip for the season premiere of Sister Wives, Kody Brown confronts Meri Brown on why she engaged in an online affair last year.


If you recall, Meri was the victim of a catfishing scandal in which she had a relationship with a woman named Jackie Overton who had been posing as a man.


In the clip, Kody accuses Meri of wanting out of their relationship.


"You didn"t want to be out of the family, you just wanted to be out of your relationship with me," he tells her.


A contemplative Meri finally opens up.


"Kody, this person got so far into my head that I didn"t know what end was up sometimes," she reveals. "And I"m still trying to get her out of there."


But Kody still prods her.



"You seemed so angry, I didn"t feel like I could get to you," he says. "I didn"t feel like we could talk."


Meri finally breaks down and admits that she did harbor animosity toward him.


"There were times I was angry at you, Kody. I"m not going to lie," she confesses.


"Because, if you and I had taken better care of our relationship, then I wouldn"t have been in such a vulnerable place and I would have been open to other friendships that wouldn"t lead to this kind of deception and evil," she continues.


"So I was angry at you for not being there for me."


While Meri may want to put this humiliation behind her, Overton revealed earlier this year that she would be releasing "sexually graphic" voicemails and photos from their relationship.


Meri first opened up about the affair to her family last year on the Sister Wives reunion.


“At the time it seemed so vague," Kody said at the time. "I didn’t want to push her … she hasn’t felt well, hasn’t seemed like herself for a long time,” he lamented.


Sister Wives premieres Sunday at 8 p.m. ET on TLC.


Meri brown breaks down to kody over catfishing scandal i was ang