Thursday, May 5, 2016

Steve Stanulis Breaks Silence: Working For Kanye West Was "Traumatic!"

The bodyguard hath spoken, and it ain’t good.



Steve Stanulis, 42, is a former police officer and Chippendales dancer, so Kanye West could be forgiven for being a bit insecure around the guy.


JK,


Stanulis was hired as part of West and Kim Kardashian’s security detail for the Met Gala on May 2nd, but he broke a rule and was promptly fired.


It was around 6pm when West and Kardashian were getting ready in the hotel’s Presidential suite.  Meanwhile, Stanulis was waiting downstairs in the lobby.


“I got some information that they were looking to rent a Lamborghini, or something of that nature,” Stanulis told the Daily Mail.


West had asked his driver to see what he could do, but it was too late for a rental.


So, Stanulis went upstairs to confirm the couple’s plans, since he would be accompanying them to the gala.


“‘I just wanted to make sure we were ready when they were ready,” he explained.


“I was walking [down the hall] and the door was open and I happened to see Kim.


“I thought I’d ask her or the other security or assistant if there was a change of plan.  As I was walking up to Kim and the room (within touching distance of Kardashian), Kanye walked by.


“He came from around the corner and saw me walking towards the room.  I turned around and said ‘Hey Mr West… how you doing?"”


Stanulis said West didn’t even say hello.  Instead, the rapper just “glared” and walked right past him.


“He went to the door and slammed it. I thought that was Ok. So I went back downstairs. I told the driver I had no idea what was going on,” Stanulis recalled.


Less than five minutes later, a member of West’s steam called Stanulis and told him that his services were no longer needed.  


Stanulis tried to make sense of why he was fired, and one theory he has is that West was furious to find him talking to Kardashian, something he had been warned against in the past.


“The way he was situated (on the hotel corridor), maybe he thought I was there longer or walking up for a different reason,” Stanulis said, trying to recall where he might have overstepped.


He maintains that he was not trying to act inappropriately or get too familiar with his client.


“Maybe it was a misunderstanding, but I didn’t have the opportunity,” he said.


“‘I had no intention on hitting on Kim Kardashian.


“Kanye has so much in his life. He should be thankful and be grateful for people who work so hard to keep him safe and happy.”



Stanulis, who has worked with countless celebs and royalty before, was horrified by the way he was treated.


“I had heard through the grape vine that Kanye was tough to deal with and he went through a lot of security,” he said


“I was told before I took the work that I had to be thick skinned and prepared for anything because the littlest thing could trigger him.”


Sources close to West and Kardashian  told TMZ that Stanulis was only a temporary bodyguard.  


It’s their belief that the former dancer (who once starred in the off-Broadway play, Sex & The Shield), simply wanted his 15 minutes of fame.


Everything went “smoothly,” according to the sources, and Stanulis was only hired for the day leading up to the gala.


After a little research about Stanulis online, I found his verified Facebook account, as well as an IMDB profile.


“When I’m not producing films with Stanulis Productions or acting in films or plays of my own, you can catch me hosting my talk show, ‘In The Life,” he wrote on his  “About” section.


I think Stanulis might be a famewhore.


Point: Kardashian/West