Saturday, May 7, 2016

Michael Phelps Welcomes First Child!

Michael Phelps may won the most Gold Medals of any athlete in the history of the Olympic Games.


But he’s just won something far more important: 



The hearts of Internet users everywhere.


Because the legendary swimmer has shared a photo of his first-ever child!


Phelps and fiancee Nicole Johnson welcomed a baby boy into the world on Friday night, with Phelps confirming the news via the Instagram photo above and the affiliated message below:


Welcome Boomer Robert Phelps into the world!!! Born 5-5-2016 at 7:21 pm !!! Healthy and happy!!! Best feeling I have ever felt in my life!!!


@nicole.m.johnson and Boomer both healthy!!! #boomerphelps ???? @boonestudios.



The couple, whose relationship was off and on for a number of years prior to their engagement last year, announced they were expecting in November.


Phelps is very close to swimming coach Bob Bowman. This is who many presume he has named his child after, in terms of Boomer’s middle name.


The Olympic legend and Johnson, a former Miss California, have been dating periodically since 2007.


After breaking up in 2011, they rekindled their romance in 2014 and got engaged in February 2015.


Following a pair of DUI arrests, a stint in treatment and six-month suspension from competing, things are much better for Phelps these days.


He plans to compete in the Rio Olympics and hopes to add to his record medal count.


“I feel like I am okay and happy with who I am,” Phelps recently told the Associated Press.


“I feel like I’ve learned so much about myself, who I truly am. I can honestly say there aren’t many people who have seen who I really am.”