Monday, May 23, 2016

Celine Dion Honors Late Husband at Billboard Music Awards

Celine Dion held nothing back on stage at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards.


But we"re not talking about her amazing vocal ability.


We"re talking about her tears.



The iconic singer knew going into the event that she would be receiving the Icon Award. But she believed it would be handed to her by Seal.


Instead, however, that artist introduced Dion"s son, René-Charles, and Dion simply lost it upon seeing her offspring walk to the microphone.


It was an understandable reaction, but Dion still apologized for the waterworks.


"I"m sorry for crying," she said as she held her 15-year-old son"s hand. "I want to be so strong in front of my family and my kids."


Later, she Dion gave thanks to her fans and those close to her for supporting her amazing career.


"Music has been my passion since almost I can remember," she extolled, adding:


"So many people helped me get where I am today … most especially I want to thank the fans for traveling through music with me in good and bad times."


She singer thanked her three children… and then poignantly paid tribute to her late husband, René Angélil, who died four months ago from cancer.


"Most importantly, my beloved husband who I know will continue to watch over me from up above," she said, concluding:


"René, this one"s for you. The show must go on."



Prior to giving the speech, Dion performed a beautiful rendition of Queen"s classic 1991 song, "The Show Must Go On."


She was joined for it by electronic violin sensation Lindsey Stirling, who is the highest-paid woman on YouTube with over 7.8 million subscribers and 1 billion channel views.


Check out the moving speech below and let"s all stop for a moment to honor Celine Dion herself.


We salute her.


Celine dion honors late husband at billboard music awards