Thursday, November 5, 2015

9 Celebrities Who Were Almost Nuns or Priests


Some follow that Higher Calling to don the robes of clergymen and women, but it"s strange to think that before they found fame, these celebrities were planning on joining the Church.




1. Tom Cruise


Tom cruise winning

Did you know that Tom Cruise studied at seminary school before making it big?



2. Angelica Houston


Angelica houston

“I longed to be indoctrinated,” Houston once told the ‘Independent.’ “I’d put my mother’s old tutus on my head and pretend I was at my First Communion. When I was six, I told my father I wanted to be a nun and he said: ‘That’s wonderful, honey. When are you going to start?"”



3. Anne Hathaway


Anne hathaway vogue

“When I was younger I thought about becoming a nun for a while,” Hathaway told ‘OK!.’ “You know how it is when you’re growing up and you’re going to be a lot of different things, but I actually wanted to be an actress before I wanted to be a nun. The nun was more of a side-bar thing.”



4. Martin Scorsese


Martin scorsese

Before finding success as a director, Scorsese grew up in the Jesuit school system, intent on becoming a priest.



5. Michael Moore


Michael moore image

The director attended seminary school in order to become a priest.



6. Jack White


Jack white pic

“I was thinking at 14 that possibly I might have had the calling to be a priest. Blues singers and people who are singing on stage have the same feelings and emotions that someone who is called to be a priest might have,” White once told the BBC.


View Slideshow