Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Lil Boosie Reveals Cancer Diagnosis, Asks Fans For Prayers

Rapper Lil Boosie made a bombshell revelation on social media moments ago, revealing that he was recently diagnosed with kidney cancer.



“I need all my fans to pray for me,” Boosie – who also goes by Boosie Badazz, and whose real name is Torrence Hatch – wrote on Instagram.


“Doctor just told me I have cancer on my kidneys prayer is power that’s why I’m letting yall know prayfaboosie.”


Boosie, who released his first album back in 2000, is only 33 years old but has reportedly been suffering from diabetes for several years.


He did not offer any information regarding the stage or severity of the cancer.


Throughout his long career, Hatch has gained as much attention for his legal woes as for his music. 


Boosie was sentenced to eight years in prison for drug smuggling back in 2011.


He qualified for early release in 2014 and famously claimed that he wrote 1,018 songs while he was locked up.


While mainstream success has eluded Boosie, the rapper has gained a loyal cult following over the years and even heads his own record label, Bad Azz Entertainment, which he founded in 2008.


We’ll more have updates on Boosie’s condition as more information becomes available.